Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 04:24 AM   #1 
BettaDays

o/ Yo

Hey, thanks for reading :3 The name is Sophia or Sophie or if you feel especially friendly, Soph. This is -the first- fish forum I have ever joined(aside this one time when I joined monsterfishkeepers to correct a sticky).

I am first gen American for my family, as in my mother moved here and gave birth to me. My family originates from Cambodia, and my mother managed to enthrall me with her stories of merely capturing these fish, caring for them, breeding as well as fighting them(it was the sport there, I do not wish to follow my mother in those foot steps). She would just 'cup it like dis' and carry it home and drop it in her own pond, where she kept many bettas, male and female. She shared both her love and experience with these fishes with me, and I have kept them for a lil over a decade now and am finally building up my dream Betta room~

So ladies and gentlemen, -bows- I hope you will treat me well and I will surely do the same.

I mostly wanted to post because I reeaally want to post in the classified section but didn't want to seem like I only just joined for that purpose >3>

btw, I come from the world of mmorpgs(massive multi online role playing games), so I do have 1337 speak in me. If you are confused by my words or smiley faces, feel free to ask about them 8D Or just ignore them, whatever floats your betta~

-Sophia
BettaDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:27 AM   #2 
BettaDays

Heh, should've seen my face when I saw you had to post 100 times before you can post in there ^^"

-hides under a rock- I'll reemerge once I get some rest (:
Old 02-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #3 
GoodMorning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaDays View Post
should've seen my face when I saw you had to post 100 times before you can post in there
^you and me, both. Welcome to the forums sophie, what mmorpg do u play?
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #4 
BettaDays

Thanks for the welcome :3 I had firt started on Fiesta Online - too many flaws lol. Then moved on to MapleStory, both GMS and private servers, then to WoW, then Dragon's Nest, and I also play a few app market mmorpgs for both phone and tablet - like Iruna online, The World of Magic, Destinia, and a few more I can't recall e.e -scratches head-

I was also into Halo(Bungie > 343 Studios), Fable, Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls(trying to get into Elder Scroll Online as well, but its in closed beta atm), pretty much Xbox360 girl here.

I spent a lot of time gaming when I wish I could've been doing other stuff lol And now I've sort of 'logged out' from that life, it gets so tiring playing with immature kids online all day d:

How bout you? Any games yourself?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi Sophie

Welcome to the forum. We're glad you found us.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #6 
BettaDays

@Romad: Thank you :3 But I have known about this place for a loong time now, as I refer to the threads here often or find them when I google questions. I already know you guys can be helpful, I can only hope to absorb some knowledge and then add some knowledge myself :3
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #7 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Welcome! I would love to be able to walk to a pond and "cup bettas like dis"!
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #8 
BettaDays

@Matt: You and me both :3 I wish I lived near -any- kind of body of water :/ I grew up on the beach and now live at the base of the mountains in a dried valley lol I'd be lucky to find a puddle over an inch deep in these suburbs haha
Old 02-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #9 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome to the forum Sophie. I welcomed you in another thread, too. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote