Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #1 
babybetta

plant foods?

I posted this in planted tanks hours ago and got nothing almost no one is even looking at so Im going to try again here if thas ok
so I posted maybe a week or so ago my new planted tank.I have seachem tabs that sould be coming soon (delayed by the big storm on the upper east coast). I was wondering should I also put some kinda plant food in the water as well for the moss, ferns and floaters? Since its going to be a red cherry shrimp tank what kinds are safe? I also have a low pet budget so it needs to be affordable. Im already in a little trouble with my other on the cost of the new stuff I got. lol just cant help it got the fish bug again. says Im cut off from new fish for a while. Its a 5 gal sand with gravel cap
here is what it looks like now

babybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:15 AM   #2 
Laki

If there's shrimp in there you cannot put anything with copper in the water. I am not totally sure if .001% of copper that's in the root tabs will harm the shrimp. Maybe someone with better ideas about %'s can help with that.

If you just have ferns, floaters and moss you don't need to fertilize very often. I don't fertilize my shrimp tank at all. The lamp and ammonia from them is enough to keep the salvinia growing like the weed it is.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #3 
mld02004

I use the tetra FloraPride and think it works quite good. I'm not sure if it has copper.
mld02004 is offline   Reply With Quote