Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #1 
rebeccaodell

my newest member

I brought me and my naice both new bettras I have bully my other battra in his own tank by himself becouse he beats up my barbs, so I put my newest meber in the tank and changed out my white bulbs to blue and here my question my bettra doing awesome in his tank with his new tank buddys and get along well with my barbs but he has a promblem with my cory catfish is this normal or do I need put him in his own tank to
rebeccaodell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Barns are not the ideal tank mates for bettas as they are known for being nippy and aggressive, if the barbs are only young they may attack your betta as they get older. Usually cory catfish and bettas get along pretty well.

I prefer to keep my bettas in a tank by themselves, mainly because most catfish are pretty messy and may cause bacterial problems for your betta, also I believe that bettas tend to interact more with their owners when kept alone, that being said a lot of people keep them successfully in community tanks.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #3 
rebeccaodell

he doing awesome know with all his tank mates and they play the hide and seek with the food pellets but I have noticed that my batta hoards his food is this a normal thing or is it were he wasn't feed feel well before I got him
rebeccaodell is offline   Reply With Quote