Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #41 
Sea Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
If anyone needs a dose of cute or any convincing that the little cories are awesome :) Rep thinks the cories sinking pellets are very yummy too... and it's funny, he's figured out that when they swarm it means there is food.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahspins/8469001431/

(just ignore the sound in the background.. kids were watching cartoons)
So cute :> I love how your betta just passed through with a bite haha.
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #42 
sarahspins

Yeah, he's all like "Oh! There's food, don't mind if I share.." :)
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:46 PM   #43 
Sea Dragon

I hope my betta doesnt hog the cory's food when I have the tank up and running :') I remember a member on the forum talking about coming home to a mysteriously fat betta everyday, turns out he was chomping on the algae wafers meant for the other fish xD

Just wondering for future ref, but what foods do you feed your cories? :)
Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #44 
sarahspins

The cories do get most of it because after a few bites the betta loses interest in it (I'm not convinced he's eating much, it's mostly just trying - it takes the wafers a while to get soft, the cories are better ate nibbling away while the betta tries to unsuccessfully bite off chunks).

So far I've been feeding my cories mostly hikari mini algae wafers and hikari (tropical) sinking wafers... not every day, they get one or the other every other day or so (same schedule for feeding my pleco's and oto's in my big tank). They will also go after any betta food that hits the bottom, and when I feed frozen foods to my betta they go nuts over that, especially brine shrimp :)

Just remember they are omnivores and do best with a variety of foods.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #45 
Sea Dragon

Yeah, I've been thinking of getting the hikari sinking wafers and algae wafers. Once autumn rolls around, I guess I'll throw in some zucchini too lol
Old 02-15-2013, 11:36 PM   #46 
ao
TFK Moderator

check out the omega one algae rounds. they're made of kelp and other vegetable matter. I actually was baffled why my tanks smelt like seaweed! haha then I realized it was the wafer
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #47 
Sea Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
check out the omega one algae rounds. they're made of kelp and other vegetable matter. I actually was baffled why my tanks smelt like seaweed! haha then I realized it was the wafer
Must be pretty potent I love omega, I feed my bettas the pellets and they never get bored of them. I'll check the stores to see whats available when the time comes.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #48 
sarahspins

I am pretty sure I got my hikari sinking wafers at Petco (my mini algae wafers came from ebay, I've never seen anything but the bigger ones locally).. and Petco should also have the Omega One algae rounds (which I haven't tried yet.. I already had the Hikari)

Bigger wafers can be broken up.. I had bought my mini ones first when I got otos months ago, then a couple of months ago when I got my BN plecos I got the bigger ones since they were going through several smaller ones each time I fed them.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #49 
Crowntails

I've heard many good things from this place. They have Pygmy Cories. Another forum I'm on has great success with them! http://msjinkzd.com/species/freshwater-fish/

Wow, I didn't know that place was bad. I was gonna get some pygmy cories there. Thanks for the heads up!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #50 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowntails View Post
I've heard many good things from this place. They have Pygmy Cories. Another forum I'm on has great success with them! Freshwater Fish | Invertebrates by Msjinkzd
Yup she's a sweet lady :3 doesnt deal with bettas, but does all the other tiny stuff :3
she also has a rainbow of apple snails!
ao is offline   Reply With Quote