Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #1 
charliegill110

eheim jager help and filter baffle

the heater and filter saga continues! my eheim jager heater and tetra whisper in tank filter finally arrived, quite a few days late i might add. but the thermometer is no where in sight which is a problem because how do i tell if the heater is working? its been plugged in for about 3 hours and i haven't seen it kick on once but it is kinda hot in my room right now. i thought i followed the directions exactly... i turned the blue thing to 77 or 78 and then plugged it in. i know the outlet works because i was just using it earlier. also i bought it online on amazon and it didn't come with a receipt or any proof of purchase, if it is broken will i be able to return it? and it specifically says in the instructions that it has to be placed in the tank vertically, despite being a "fully submersible" heater. i have it in vertically but its very long so i would prefer it to be in the tank slightly sideways or even horizontally on the bottom, is that possible?

the whisper in tank filter is extremely strong, i tried the baffle where you cut up the water bottle but that seemed to actually make it even stronger o.O so i was forced to make up my own. i took craft mesh and made a box, without the lid. then i put a pair of pantyhose inside the box and took another pair and put the legs inside the box and then took the waist and folded it over the sides and tied a string around the bottom to hold the pany hose in place, it isn't pretty but it works amazingly well. i then put strings on the side and tied it into where a have my filter hanging from. i have a couple pictures that might explain it better.
Attached Images

charliegill110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:22 AM   #2 
Bikeridinguckgirl14

Believe it or not you baffled that correctly, but you could also get a check valve and attach it to the air pump or put some stuffed-animal-stuffing (clean white stuff) or AQ sponge inside the filter compartment area. That filter is usually strong for the first week or two then mellows. Now to test the jeager get a vase and fill it with cold water, see how log it takes to warm up, then reset and use the jeager. The shipping label is proof enough for amazon to take it back.
Bikeridinguckgirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #3 
BettaBeau

It is super easy to return items to Amazon. Sign into your account, go to My Orders, find the item and choose return or exchange, and follow the simple instructions.

The Hydor Theo heaters are shorter and can go diagonally or horizontally, I believe. I use a 25 watt Cobalt Neo-Therm, which I ordered from Amazon for about $40, and I love it! It is short and flat, and it has an LED thermometer built right in! I use a glass thermometer to double check. It can go vertically or horizontally.

I use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the water that I use for water changes. If you have one, clean the sensor probe with loads of hot water and stick the tip into the tank water to check the temperature.

Last edited by BettaBeau; Today at 01:34 PM.
BettaBeau is online now   Reply With Quote