Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #131 
VJM

I just saw that, thank you so much! No need to measure, I impulse bought an Eheim Aquastyle 6.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #132 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJM View Post
I just saw that, thank you so much! No need to measure, I impulse bought an Eheim Aquastyle 6.
Escellent choice, it is both Fresh and Salt-Water tank. Who know maybe you'll like having coral and a Nemo later = D
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #133 
ModFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJM View Post
Lucky Spec owners! I am looking into buying one of the Spec V kits, and will be needing a light upgrade.

Does anyone know the length of the water filled area? Trying to figure out if there is a clamp on light that will suit the setup, and I am not sure if it is long enough.

Thank you!
I have a Hydro 25w and it fits perfectly. The Hydro appears to be a popular heater on Bettafish.com. Maybe check out the size on line?

Last edited by ModFish; 04-29-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Add more info
ModFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #134 
Rilly10

Ok finally got a pic of mine. I upgraded the light to a Finnex Fugeray 16" and LOVE it! It is so much brighter and makes my guy look so much prettier! I also have the Hydro 25 Watt Adjustable heater and it fits in the pump section perfectly. I still may add another plant, possibly another Anubias but I am pretty happy so far.

I am thinking of adding some RCS or Amano, or maybe a snail, but I can't decide yet lol!
Attached Images

Rilly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #135 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilly10 View Post
Ok finally got a pic of mine. I upgraded the light to a Finnex Fugeray 16" and LOVE it! It is so much brighter and makes my guy look so much prettier! I also have the Hydro 25 Watt Adjustable heater and it fits in the pump section perfectly. I still may add another plant, possibly another Anubias but I am pretty happy so far.

I am thinking of adding some RCS or Amano, or maybe a snail, but I can't decide yet lol!
nice light, nice tank, nice betta =D
Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #136 
Rilly10

Thank you! I am working on tank #2 now.....now to find the right Betta! It was going to be a shrimp only tank for Yellow Neos, but I love the Bettas too much! <3
Rilly10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #137 
Otterfun

I was thinking of yellow neos too, but gave up on the thought of having a shrimp-only tank....

Check out these sites, they are cool shrimp vendors:
http://www.theshrimpfarm.com/shrimp/...vet-shrimp.php
http://www.alphaprobreeders.com/aquatic-live-shrimp/
Old 04-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #138 
dc2die4

What level of lighting would a finnex fugeray 16 or 20 inch put me at on a fluval spec v? And lighting levels for a ray 2 in those sizes..
dc2die4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #139 
tekkguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2die4 View Post
What level of lighting would a finnex fugeray 16 or 20 inch put me at on a fluval spec v? And lighting levels for a ray 2 in those sizes..
The Fugeray is solidly medium, probably the low end of high near the top of the tank.

The Ray 2 would require CO2 ... definitely in the high light range then.
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #140 
ModFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendlyfishies View Post
Yes beware of the intake of the filters, my halfmoon double tail had his dorsal fin and tail ripped off one night as he too liked to rest on the intake grill :( poor guy...However, you can put a piece of craft mesh infront of the grill, stops the fins from going in. After his incident I attatched it using those mini itty bitty hair claw clips, but you could also use a bit of aquarium sealant on the corners of the craft mesh to attatch is, just use small dabs let it dry thoroughly. I believe they sell black mesh too which would match. Just a thought, it worked for me :)
Can you post a picture of your mod please?
ModFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec