Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 AM   #141 
Mr2KiEu

Modfish, How's your betta doing? Were you able to cure the fin rot?
Mr2KiEu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #142 
ModFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2KiEu View Post
Modfish, How's your betta doing? Were you able to cure the fin rot?
I believe I just contained it. Had to do both Kanaplex and Fluvan 2 (sp?). Haven't seen any regrowth yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. He's active and eating but stopped making bubble nests. This weekend I'm going to do a 4g water change (vs the every other day 1.5g). Been using Stress Coat + and some mineral/vitamin supplements. Love him but he's costing me a fortune! Up side... I now have all the meds for future emergencies. ;)
ModFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #143 
TurtleBarb

My Spec III

Here's a pic of my Spec III setup. No fish in it yet. I'm getting it ready for the arrival of a betta from Aquabids. I am reallyreallyreallyreallyreally excited. Love the Spec III.
Decos: silk plant, Anubias nana, glass eggs by Penn Plax, a bridge I made to match the gravel and rocks. :)
Attached Images

TurtleBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #144 
TurtleBarb

Yikes. The picture came out sideways. I don't know what to do about that. Sorry, folks. Guess you'll have to turn your head to the side.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #145 
ModFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBarb View Post
Here's a pic of my Spec III setup. No fish in it yet. I'm getting it ready for the arrival of a betta from Aquabids. I am reallyreallyreallyreallyreally excited. Love the Spec III.
Decos: silk plant, Anubias nana, glass eggs by Penn Plax, a bridge I made to match the gravel and rocks. :)
Aquabid is evil! Who or where is your new Betta coming from. Post pictures! I downloaded from from the site. Received my boy, Mooma, less then a month ago from Surinut. He's my only and pictured in my avatar. Head's up, be prepared as I'm still working to get his fin rot under control from the trip from Thailand. Since i "won" him I've been glued to BF.com. I've learned a lot from this awesome community! Nice tank and congrats.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #146 
TurtleBarb

Thank you. :) I'm excited to have found a forum. I'm returning to the hobby after a 10 year break, and this is the first fish forum I've been on. Looks like a good one! I've attached a pic that the breeder posted on AB. The person's name is Tada (Supakon Palakul). I'm getting really nervous, because I haven't heard a peep from the breeder since April 30. I emailed him yesterday evening and am awaiting a response. The breeder has hundreds of positive feedbacks, so I'm trusting that s/he's just busy. It's my first experience with AB, so that sense of the unknown lends to my nervousness.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #147 
ModFish

Quote:
Thank you. :) I'm excited to have found a forum. I'm returning to the hobby after a 10 year break, and this is the first fish forum I've been on. Looks like a good one! I've attached a pic that the breeder posted on AB. The person's name is Tada (Supakon Palakul). I'm getting really nervous, because I haven't heard a peep from the breeder since April 30. I emailed him yesterday evening and am awaiting a response. The breeder has hundreds of positive feedbacks, so I'm trusting that s/he's just busy. It's my first experience with AB, so that sense of the unknown lends to my nervousness.
So beautiful! Love the EEs. Yeah I know what you mean about being nervous as I was too but it all worked out. Be sure to also contact your trans shipper. I just forwarded the awarded bidding e-mail to mine to give them a head's up. Good luck.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #148 
TurtleBarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModFish View Post
I just forwarded the awarded bidding e-mail to mine to give them a head's up. Good luck.
Well, I'm hesitant to contact the transshipper because she has long lists of rules and "don'ts" on her shipping page. The impression I get from what I read there is "don't contact me until I contact you." Her litany of rules and warnings suggests to me that she is easily ticked off, and I don't want to get on her bad side. I want to be on good terms with the person who will be shipping my betta. According to the schedules and instructions on her page, I wouldn't expect to hear from her until tomorrow at the earliest. If I don't hear from the breeder or transshipper by tomorrow night, I'll do what you suggest. Thanks for the reassurance. I appreciate it. :)
Old 05-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #149 
Otterfun

Quote:
Well, I'm hesitant to contact the transshipper because she has long lists of rules and "don'ts" on her shipping page. The impression I get from what I read there is "don't contact me until I contact you." Her litany of rules and warnings suggests to me that she is easily ticked off, and I don't want to get on her bad side. I want to be on good terms with the person who will be shipping my betta. According to the schedules and instructions on her page, I wouldn't expect to hear from her until tomorrow at the earliest. If I don't hear from the breeder or transshipper by tomorrow night, I'll do what you suggest. Thanks for the reassurance. I appreciate it. :)
can you private message me the name of the transhipper so I do not use it if I ever need to buy from AQB?
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #150 
TurtleBarb

Let me just say that I don't know the person and haven't worked with her yet. I'd hate to besmirch an innocent person's reputation just because their abundant rules and regulations bother me. It might not bother others. Others might just see it as only incredibly detail-oriented. I'll send you the link to the shipping info page, and you can judge your comfort level for yourself.

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec