Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2013, 06:17 AM   #191 
aecraig

That was a great explanation! Thank you so much. Also, I put the outflow tube back through the hole and put filter foam back through the nozzle and screwed it on. Oliver kept swimming through the hole to get in the back.. He's so curious, haha. I hope the motor doesn't die too early since I've stopped it up some!
aecraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #192 
BasilBetta87

Those little pumps can handle some back pressure so you should be fine.
BasilBetta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #193 
jsmith11618

Man that is pricey even by Canadian standards, it runs 99 at Petsmart normal price, and I got it on sale for $79.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I wish I still lived in the states
Was forced to buy my Fluval Spec here
And then I hear you guys are getting it for $63, I just want to take a small trip to usa and steal all your guys' everything!

Recently modified my Fluval Spec V.
I'll post pics up soon! :)
jsmith11618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #194 
aecraig

So even if the water is about 3/4 an inch higher in the front of the tank because of my sponge in the outflow nozzle, that won't hurt anything? I have noticed that my heat doesn't circulate near as well. I was able to have it at 80 when I allowed the nozzle unsponged, and it wasn't even turned all the way up. However, now with the heater all the way up the tank is only 76-77.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #195 
Otterfun

fill the tank from the back so the water flow out through the grill into the mail display area. the discrepancy is an indication that something is stuck in the intake area. for mine, it was partially clogged with dead hornworts. regular pressure should show even level in front and back. rinse filter block in the tank water that you are removing when you are doing next WC and see if it improves. also check to see if AQ is on level surface, my since area is slightly slanted.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #196 
aecraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
fill the tank from the back so the water flow out through the grill into the mail display area. the discrepancy is an indication that something is stuck in the intake area. for mine, it was partially clogged with dead hornworts. regular pressure should show even level in front and back. rinse filter block in the tank water that you are removing when you are doing next WC and see if it improves. also check to see if AQ is on level surface, my since area is slightly slanted.
hmm.. the intake area is the same thing as the grill right? as well as the little hole in the middle of the tank on the back? Maybe I just don't have my tank filled high enough. My water only comes up to the veryyy bottom bit of the grill. My outflow speed my be too fast for the little hole in the middle of the tank to replenish the water in the back. You think that could be it? Ahhh this is going to bug me. I'm out of town until tomorrow evening so I can't fiddle around with it and figure it out yet.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #197 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by aecraig View Post
hmm.. the intake area is the same thing as the grill right? as well as the little hole in the middle of the tank on the back? Maybe I just don't have my tank filled high enough. My water only comes up to the veryyy bottom bit of the grill. My outflow speed my be too fast for the little hole in the middle of the tank to replenish the water in the back. You think that could be it? Ahhh this is going to bug me. I'm out of town until tomorrow evening so I can't fiddle around with it and figure it out yet.
My water level is usually 1/2way at the grill about 1" from top of AQ. I pour water from the back because the grill will slow down the force of water dropping into display area so fish are not stressed from a direct pouring into main tank.

Yes check the hole(s) on the black panel divider for clogs.

The design of the pump and intake holes should be fine. The water is flow regulated better when the water flows through the grill more evenly versus depending on the intake hole to draw water in. If the water is not flowing through the grill down through the block and into the chamber at the bottom for the pump to pump the water up the tube and out into the tank, it may cause the pump to die due to lack of or slow water feeding from clogging. By Having water coming down from the top grill, I'll ensure there's always water entering and exiting the system.

Also turn the pump to lowest power.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #198 
finnfinnfriend

I want to get a fluval spec 3 someday....Since it's 2.6 gallons, how many water changes do you do with them, for those who have them?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:43 AM   #199 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
I want to get a fluval spec 3 someday....Since it's 2.6 gallons, how many water changes do you do with them, for those who have them?
Seeded my Biomax in my SPEC V, 0 ammonia & nitrites, only 1x50% each week to keep nitrates below 20. Piece of cake for me.

Oh flip the ammonia and nitrite tubes, this is 4 days without WC.

this is running with Biomax, and a bag of Seachem Marix in the foam filter block.

Last edited by Otterfun; 06-09-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #200 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterfun View Post
Seeded my Biomax in my SPEC V, 0 ammonia & nitrites, only 1x50% each week to keep nitrates below 20. Piece of cake for me.

Oh flip the ammonia and nitrite tubes, this is 4 days without WC.

this is running with Biomax, and a bag of Seachem Marix in the foam filter block.

correction, 1 week without WC, so I'd recommend 1x50% and 1x100% each week.

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec