Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #221 
PeninaD

I'm even considering going with a Aqueon Pro 50 for my SpecV...no matter what I do, my house is cooler than optimal for these fish at night and all winter. Looking at quite a few different (non-mini) heater packages, for a 5 gallon tank, if you need to get more 5 or more degrees over, you should move up to a 50 watt. The Pro appears fully submersible, I figure put it low on the bottom, and heat will rise, along with circulation from the pump should work for coldest times of the year.

In the meantime, here is this for your consideration:http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo
PeninaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #222 
Aconyte

Hrm, that's true. I like to keep my apartment a little on the chilly side, so I guess I'm going with the Marina C then, lol. Thanks guys :D
Aconyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #223 
Mar

Glad you found a heater you'd like!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #224 
cowboy

I sent fluval an email asking if using a ball valve or by wrapping the inflow with a carbon filter would reduce the life of the pump. They said their engineers would get back to me. That was over a month ago. Love the tank, not so much the customer service.

How I reduced the water from pushing him around was using a silk plant and wrapping it around the in flow valve. My guy likes to rest on the out flow but there hasn't been any problems yet (probably because the water is reduced).

Last edited by cowboy; 06-22-2013 at 09:29 PM.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #225 
PeninaD

I had been using the Elite Prime square block shaped filter over the outflow nozzle...I switched to the long cylindrical Pre-filter, which is made of much finer foam. Wow, that brings things almost to a standstill with the motor on low. But it probably filters smaller things out of the water, which might help until this Mopani wood slows down on leaking tannins out.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #226 
cowboy

I definitely need a heater for fall and winter. I have the 2 gallon spec. Is the aqueoun one adjustable? I love my fish but love my windows open too lol
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #227 
BasilBetta87

Add a Fluval Prefilter Sponge to the outflow, this will slow the flow.
BasilBetta87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #228 
PeninaD

Exactly the one that I have on now. When I want to take it off to get a short period of faster filtering, I put it right into the return compartment, so that the colonizing bacteria don't dry out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilBetta87 View Post
Add a Fluval Prefilter Sponge to the outflow, this will slow the flow.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:44 AM   #229 
Mr2KiEu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeninaD View Post
Exactly the one that I have on now. When I want to take it off to get a short period of faster filtering, I put it right into the return compartment, so that the colonizing bacteria don't dry out.
I just recently bought one. Here's the box just in case you can't find it. You can find it at Petsmart for $2.99.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mr2KiEu; 06-24-2013 at 03:45 AM. Reason: added more info.
Mr2KiEu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #230 
hodad66

Just want to say "Hey" and thanks for all the info. Great forum and Spec
tanks! I have a "3" ordered from Petco and am currently awaiting delivery.

I was wondering what 25w heater will fit in the back sump of the 3?
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec