Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #271 
galtgirl

My Spec V

This is my first Aquarium in more than 20 years. I did a lot of research and settled on the SpecV because it came with everything but a heater and had great reviews.
My tank has been up for a month now. Added a 25W Hydro heater which fits nicely in with the pump.
The water is slightly cloudy but otherwise everything is going great. Temp is staying at 78 and Bob is a happy Betta. He's already built a nice bubble nest.
Attached Images

galtgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #272 
galtgirl

Forgot to add I have two live plants and am going to replace the fake on on the left with a live one this weekend. I cut a slit in a piece of black filter sponge and it's covering the outflow spout...there is hardly any current.
I've been doing 40% water changes weekly with no detectable ammonia. I've been using test strips but ordered a master test kit from Amazon that should arrive tomorrow.
I love this tank so much I'm ordering a SpecIII for my home office to sit next to the computer since I spend a lot of time in here.
Thanks for the great thread and advice; I've learned a ton in just the past few weeks.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #273 
southernmdman

galtgirl, PetCo is having a 30% sale till midnight...the Spec III is down to $49, and free shipping!!
southernmdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #274 
galtgirl

Thanks southernmdman....unfortunately I didn't see your post until this morning. I ordered from Amazon for $59 and free delivery. Also have a bid on Aquabid for a blue and red male. Can't wait to get the new tank set up.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #275 
WZ9V

Darn you all. I blame you for the Fluval V, Marina C25 and ZooMed parts I just ordered.

Last edited by WZ9V; 10-03-2013 at 04:35 PM.
WZ9V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #276 
WZ9V

Changed my mind and decided to use a 2.5g tank I had handy instead.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #277 
galtgirl

Has anyone divided a Spec V into space for two males? I've got an opportunity to get another Betta but I'm thinking that might be a bit small, although I notice a lot of people have their Betta's in 2.5 gal tanks.

I've got my new Spec III up and I've got one live plant and one large silk as well as some floating duckweed...waiting for my order from Aquabid to come in so it will be all natural plants.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #278 
WZ9V

I'm no expert but 2.5 gallons seems to be a decent amount as long as you don't go overboard. Not sure how dividing a Spec V would impact the filtration.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #279 
Gallifrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by galtgirl View Post
This is my first Aquarium in more than 20 years. I did a lot of research and settled on the SpecV because it came with everything but a heater and had great reviews.
My tank has been up for a month now. Added a 25W Hydro heater which fits nicely in with the pump.
The water is slightly cloudy but otherwise everything is going great. Temp is staying at 78 and Bob is a happy Betta. He's already built a nice bubble nest.
Bob is a handsome fellow! And jeez, that bubble nest. I'm still waiting for my Gally to make one that huge.
Gallifrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #280 
galtgirl

Thanks Gallifrey. That was his only bubble nest so far....I have no idea how often they build them.

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec