Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #51 
louisvillelady
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTChWfPYHyw

Swimming is swimming no matter what type of animal or human you are. You just swim in a different manner. Swimming is pushing yourself through the water. Watch the video. When the pectoral fin goes forward, the ends of the fins fold backward, causing a drag. When the pectoral fins go backward toward the body, the ends of the fins want to go forward, because of the drag. The physics is there. plain as day right in front of us. Can these fish swim, yes. Can they swim comparatively as well as others, maybe. Do they need to work harder to be able to do these things, yes!

Mattsbettas, "And louisvillelady, your intentions don't really matter, this thread was has become /was created for the sole purpose of attacking ee and the people who like and breed them." Do you make it a habit to go around telling people why they did something? You do not know me. What makes you think you know why this thread was created? I told you why it was created. To bring it to peoples attention that we should be more conscientious about what we breed into these fish. Some people will be extremely cautious. Some people will not care one hill of beans what it does to the fish as long as the fish are what they want. Others may not have thought about it, and this thread will get them to stop and think about it. THAT is why this thread was created. And no one is attacking ee or the breeders of ee. I said the excessive ee should not be breed. If you feel differently, fine, but I have the right to say that I don't think they should be breed and to explain why. Everyone else has the right to make up their minds as well.
louisvillelady is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #52 
logisticsguy
Member
 
logisticsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisvillelady View Post

If all of those who believe that the large ee is not a hindrance to the fish, why don't you go patent floppy style fins for people to go scuba diving with? It is a product that cannot be found on the market, and you should make you a killing if the floppy material helps you swim better and faster.
The flippers I use for scuba diving are very floppy. Not very stiff as they are made with a rubber compound not wooden like at all. Already on the market in various degrees of floppiness.
logisticsguy is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #53 
Skyewillow
Member
 
Skyewillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigania
This thread has become a joke. I'm done wasting my time here. I know what I know about MY fish, and if you don't take the time to know them for what they are before you start spouting off, then that's your own problem.

I LOVE my EE, I plan on getting more, and eventually breeding them. Like it or lump it, you don't know me well enough to have an opinion that matters to me.

If you really want to attack a breed, go after the double tails with their mutilated backs that have to be outcrossed to have healthy spawns.
Skyewillow is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #54 
Xaltd1
Member
 
Xaltd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hamilton, MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
This thread has become a joke. I'm done wasting my time here. I know what I know about MY fish, and if you don't take the time to know them for what they are before you start spouting off, then that's your own problem.

I LOVE my EE, I plan on getting more, and eventually breeding them. Like it or lump it, you don't know me well enough to have an opinion that matters to me.

If you really want to attack a breed, go after the double tails with their mutilated backs that have to be outcrossed to have healthy spawns.
X2 for me. My EEs are happy fish. Period.
Xaltd1 is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #55 
logisticsguy
Member
 
logisticsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
X2 for me. My EEs are happy fish. Period.
THIS is all that really matters.
logisticsguy is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #56 
Option
Member
 
Option's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
This thread has become a joke. I'm done wasting my time here.
Well in all honestly, no one here is asking for your post or contribution. Allow those who want to debate the topic to have at it. If you can't take the heat, no one is asking for you to be in the kitchen.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
If you really want to attack a breed, go after the double tails with their mutilated backs that have to be outcrossed to have healthy spawns.
I wouldn't say that too loudly....there are equally as many double-tail fanatics in here as there are EE zealots.
Option is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #57 
Skyewillow
Member
 
Skyewillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
I wouldn't say that too loudly....there are equally as many double-tail fanatics in here as there are EE zealots.
exactly my point.
Skyewillow is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #58 
logisticsguy
Member
 
logisticsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
I see no zealots here just some people waiting for evidence of the "scientific fact" that EEs are indeed handicapped.
logisticsguy is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #59 
LadyVictorian
Member
 
LadyVictorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Coon Rapids, MN
First off let me say this...lionfish....are they cruel/ Because nature made them and their pectorals make an EE's a total JOKE YET guess what, these guys are WILD fish SURVIVING in the wild and not bred by man. So really the argument about EE's and breeding them being cruel is null because nature has created the extream of that and it's still doing just fine in nature. In fact it's a deadly animal even.

Also as a mermaid (yes this exists I train all summer long for this sort of thing) I know the TRUE mechanism's of tails and pectorals like this. You say the way the pectorals flow creates drag, NO not true. My store bought mermaid tail I own own this same way when I swim in it and it doesn't create drag it creates push force and actually makes me go faster than most divers with their flippers can move. In fact a diver with flippers with never move as fast as someone with a monofin or mertail. And the larger the mertail the faster you can go. Yes it takes building up the muscles to control it but when an animal is born that way and not given a tail by the manufacturing of a fake one as I have then the whole muscle issue isn't even there because they lived with them their whole lives unlike I who had to learn how to control my new limb want proof watch this it's the same thing you see with these fins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...c&feature=fvwp

So in all reality no pun intended but the EE argument holds no water.
LadyVictorian is offline  
Old 02-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #60 
Option
Member
 
Option's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
First off let me say this...lionfish....are they cruel/ Because nature made them and their pectorals make an EE's a total JOKE YET guess what, these guys are WILD fish SURVIVING in the wild and not bred by man.
OMG I can't believe we're going here. Do I even need to....LIONFISH HAVE poison spines!!!! Thus they can have AS BIG OF PECTORAL FINS as they want and still survivie! How can anyone even compare bettas to lionfish??????? You are comparing apples to oranges here, do you not realize?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm now laughing so hard I may end up with a seizure)

Good jesus....I mean sharks have big pectorals too (and they don't even undulate) and wait...they suriviv in the wild too!
Option is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Need Help On Breeding! BeautifulBetta14 Breeding Betta Fish 5 02-11-2012 09:12 PM
How old is too old for breeding? elijahfeathers Breeding Betta Fish 3 05-07-2011 09:07 PM
Breeding the Thai way/Bucket breeding?! Smile4Me2Night Breeding Betta Fish 10 04-29-2011 12:34 PM
Another post for helping with breeding: breeding with genes that don't breed true. MrVampire181 Breeding Betta Fish 3 08-24-2009 07:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.