Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #191 
justmel

Chard

That is a beautiful VT! I may just say the heck to it and breed VT's since they are my fav rather than a more popular type. Once I have everything together for spawning I may have to get in touch with you. A bit more research to do yet though.
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #192 
Chard56

Sam Justice and Justmel. I don't post for sale ads in anything other than in the classified. I think it's rude to do otherwise and have called people on it in the past. That's something that should be conducted in private messages.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #193 
justmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
Sam Justice and Justmel. I don't post for sale ads in anything other than in the classified. I think it's rude to do otherwise and have called people on it in the past. That's something that should be conducted in private messages.
No problem and totally understood. That's why I said I would have to talk to you sometime. I'm to new to access the classified thread yet, but I will get there. I also looked at some of your fish on aquabid. Anyway, when I have things set up better here and am able to check out the classified I am sure you will here from me!
justmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #194 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
As some of you know, I bought a yellow female VT from Aquabid... only to discover he's a young male!!!
He is up for adoption for postage/pickup/2 hr drive. He is a gorgeous fish, but I was hoping to spawn my yellow HM's. I just don't have room for the poor guy!
His fins are a little ripped from when I tried to add him to the sorority
I live just North of Boston, just South of the NH border.
I would love him! Bostons about 3 hours and 15 min from me, so a bit far to drive! How much for shipping? Pm me!!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:32 AM   #195 
Darth

Ok, a show veil will have the Caudal and the tail meeting or over laping, no "Sattelites" or "Daffodils" The top line will be judged the same as any other HM.
Full tail not skinny or pointed...just saying, if you want Veils to be considered you must breed for the standard, and to show, you must be the breeder.
I also breed Veils and I was around when they were at shows, and the talk is if the right person or persons get in there will be something done, hey vote for the one that is talking about them hmmmm her is a hint Bas...

Last edited by Darth; 04-07-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #196 
caissacrowntails

a show veil will have the Caudal and the tail meeting or over laping.
sorry, the caudal and the tail? I know u probably mean dorsal or anal, but which one?

Full tail not skinny or pointed...
like..round tail?
caissacrowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #197 
Darth

Picture a girl with long hair that has a sweep at the end from a side profile.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #198 
PeetaTheBetta

Agree!!!! I have a VT of my own. Very PRETTY
PeetaTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #199 
Darth

Here is somewhat how a Show Veil should look, this is NOT a real good example but you get the idea, see how the fins are close together and not all separate?

No huge gaps.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #200 
Taeanna
Reference Team

Correct me if I'm wrong but the point of most breeds is to basically make the fish look like a giant frilly perfectly round pancake of fins right? (Please note I have no show experience lol, I have simply been reading guides for fun)
Only with a veil's tail isnt it better to aim for a shape more consistent with a tear drop like that one? A very very fat tear drop with eyes at the point.
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote