Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #11 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Alright. I'll try and get a picture up tomorrow with a real camera. She doesn't really sit still so it's hard to say if it will actually be possible. Plus the medicine tints the water blue, so I'll have to remove her for the water change or something in order to get a picture shat shows proper colors...
XxxXnoodleXxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #12 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Her condition is worsening since I started the treatment with the Betta Revive stuff. She's favouring her one fin now, and won't keep it moving for more than 15 seconds before she holds it to her body. She's also laying at the bottom of her tank for the first time ever, and only goes up for air. I don't know what to do. I'm worried sick and she seems to be getting progressively worse.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #13 
shellieca
Reference Team

It could be the medicine you're treating her with. Unless you know for sure what she has treating her with meds can be dangerous IMO. I would take her out of the meds & see if that helps.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #14 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

update: the streaks on her fin are all cleared up! :D she's not laying on the bottom or being all sullen anymore. she's surfing and swimming about, eating properly, etc. Only thing is, her fins are still clamped off and on though... Is that normal when a betta's getting over being sick? She's still a little skittish and has fear stripes off and on when there's loud noises, and her fins are clamped... She may just be exhausted or feel crummy because she's in her little quarantine tank though... Any thoughts?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #15 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

And I don't know if it means anything, but she seems to be less clampy and more happy and active when there's less light. I've kept her in mostly the dark all day and she seems super happy. But when I check on her for a while and let light in, she clamps up and seems grouchy...
Old 02-15-2013, 02:44 PM   #16 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

So with the light shining from behind her, and her swimming to the left, there's still some red on her one fin. You can only see it when the light is shining from behind and you can see through the fin to the side of her body. I'm going to try and take a picture because I have no idea if I should keep treating her.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #17 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Okay, there's no way to take a picture of it. Even with an underwater camera on the highest speed setting, it can't detect the red on her fin. Even to the naked eye, you can only see it for about a quarter of a second when it's moving. So I can try and draw another picture of what it looks like now, because it has receded it seems, but there is literally no way I can get a picture of it.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #18 
LittleBlueFishlets

You could do a search on google and try to find a picture that's similar.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #19 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
You could do a search on google and try to find a picture that's similar.
Trust me. I've tried. The picture just doesn't and can't exist. The drawing I did is literally all I can do.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #20 
XxxXnoodleXxxX

Okay, I made a new picture in photoshop with my girlfriend's counsel.

So the grey grid background is to illustrate her body color. As you can see, her fin is a VERY translucent brown color. The veins in her fins are a darker, but still very translucent brown. But on over top of one of her middle-ish veins, she has an even-less-transparent brown mark. And over top of one of her top veins, she has a red mark that is about as transparent as the weird brown mark she has.

I literally have done the best I can because there's no feasible way of taking a photo of it. She's acting perfectly healthy, and she's not favoring the fin at all, nor is does the other fin have any such marks.