Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #11 
callistra

Triple Sulfa is a good antibiotic so if it's an infection that should likely clear it. Since you've started it I would treat for a full week, following the dosing instructions on the back. I believe it is every 24hours?

Just know the antibiotic toasted your cycle so once he is well you will need to recycle it: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=47838 In the meantime two water changes a week are now needed.. 50% and 100%.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #12 
youspinmeround

The bottle of tablets says to add half a tablet every 3 days. Although at the fish shop the guy said to do a 50% water change on day 3 before adding the other half of tablet. Not sure who's advice to follow.
I also bought some of seachem's Prime - so that at least the fish wont be getting hurt by toxic ammonia etc while I cant do water changes and the filter is dying.

He's still doing pretty well - no change in activity and he's eaten a whole bunch of blood worm I got him today :). It's 3 hours later - he is still scavanging around on the gravel looking for more.
Although he has been puffing up his collar at me a lot more than usual - pretty much every time I come near the tank - which Ive been finding a bit odd - maybe he's not in a happy mood with not feeling well.
youspinmeround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #13 
callistra

What med did you get?

It's important not to overfeed blood worms. They should be given no more than once a week as a treat in replace of pellet foods, and then only one at a ime.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #14 
BettaFishLover123

My Brothers Betta Had The Same Problems Sadly the fish Had Tuberculoses But it died the white spot was just the same as yours I took 6weeks after the spot for the fish to die you should go get lots of help feed it bloodworms it makes the spot smaller i also read that and if it does not go down it will die in about 4weeks but it might survive lets hope and have faith in god that it will live ok I'm sorry for you and your fish
BettaFishLover123 is offline   Reply With Quote