Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2013, 04:37 AM   #11 
Mr2KiEu

Nice footprint for a 2.3gal tank but for $50 + tax and shipping I don't think it's worth it. Plus you are going to have to buy a filter and light. Have you considered the Fluval Spec V? The filter is built into the tank and it comes with a LED light. It'll cost you about the same price.
Mr2KiEu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #12 
VJM

Happily, Amazon corrected whatever the issue was with the price, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Fluval Specs are sooo beautiful, but not having a top really worries me. Seems like some bettas don't have a problem with that, and some end up on the carpet.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #13 
VJM

Happily, Amazon corrected whatever the issue was with the price, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Fluval Specs are sooo beautiful, but not having a top really worries me. Seems like some bettas don't have a problem with that, and some end up on the carpet.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #14 
tekkguy

The spec does have a top. And petco has them on sale for 60 bucks right now!
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #15 
VJM

Not sure why my previous message got posted twice, or how to delete one of them. Sorry.

My understanding is that you can use the dividers as a top, which is kind of nice since you can cut one to make room for heater and sponge filter cords.

I am super interested to see the set up in person. I have seen pictures of them planted, but not with a betta. Seems optimal dimensions for their natural swimming style. I am undecided on whether it needs a HOB filter due to the length, so I am going to start with a sponge filter and see how it goes.

Just over thirty bucks on Amazon, with tax and shipping included. Whoot!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #16 
Crowntails

I love the footprint of this tank. Take out all the dividers for a single betta, and its a perfect home! I am saving up for one. I really hope to get one!
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote