Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 AM   #1 
Lunchbox148

New plants, murcy water, help

Hello everyone! I added several anacharis plants set to float and some in the gravel as well as some java moss in my 5 gallon tank with a betta and 3 ghost shrimp.... I washed the plants off with de-chlorinated water but it still made my tank a little murky... I did a water change and it's going down. My tank is on it's way to being cycled and when I changed my water I cleaned my filter with treated water and it was kind of slimey... Is this normal?? I have been using a little stress coat maybe it's the aloe... My betta is acting semi normal, just not as playful as usual and I noticed he has little strands of his veil tail looking like needle thread like maybe the shrimp bit some of it off? Do they do that? or is he bitting his tail? Is it okay to introduce so much live plants to an un cycled tank? Is this semi murky water okay for him? His change in behavior sparks some anxiety for me.... Please let me know what ya'll think.. Thanks!
Lunchbox148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #2 
Saphira101

I've never had problems introducing new plants whether the tank is cycled, un-cycled, or doesn't even have a filter. Though I do reccomend testing your water. (If you don't have a test kit, pet stores will do it for free, just remember to write down the parameters!)
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote