Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #1 
veggiegirl

Betta Shopping.........

Hey everyone,

I went shopping yesterday and couldn't help myself, I ended up buying three more bettas which brings my total count up to ten!

I bought:

A Red green dragon Rosetail
A Mustard Gas super delta (I think) but could be half moon.....
A silver and red butterfly Dragon HM DT

I will post pics as soon as I take some..... just letting them settle in a bit.

I ended up buying another tank that I can divide into 5 and I have another one on order (she only had one in stock) so that will mean I will be able to get 10 more bettas with a total of 20!!!!!! I can't wait...... have been considering it for a while but finally took the plunge
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #2 
stuntman2946

where do you have room to keep them all? i want to get more but right now i only have the one male, but hes spoiled in his 30g tank alone :)
stuntman2946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #3 
veggiegirl

I have a pretty long tank stand, the top shelf holds the large betta barrack tank that holds 10 males. The second shelf will hold my two new tanks which will hold 5 males each. I also have another tank stand and tank that would hold 5 more but I am hoping to stop at 20 as they are rather expensive because they are all HM, HM DT, EE HM PT, Fancy CT etc so prices ranging from $25-$50 each......still they are so worth it I really have the betta bug lol.

Your boy is so lucky having 30 gallons all to himself, mine probably have around 3-4 gallons each......not a lot of room but they seem happy and I clean their tank really regularly. Still if it was not for the heating and I had the finances and time they would each have at least 10 gallons each, your boy is so lucky, good on you for giving him such a nice big home
Old 02-14-2013, 12:52 AM   #4 
stuntman2946

i know i just couldnt bring myself to divide the 30g, since its standard its pretty tall. but i do have a 10g i thought about dividing for 2-3 males and then theres the .5 gal that i got with my first betta that i will only prolly use as a hospital tank
stuntman2946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #5 
aemaki09

You are so lucky! I have a lot of bettas too, but most are girls and share a 26 gallon sorority. All the males only get 2.5 each for now, till I can make my own fishroom atleast.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #6 
veggiegirl

stuntman2946, Don't think your boy would forgive you if you divided his 30 gallon! lol. Yeah I would just keep the 1/2 gallon for hospital/emergency tank as it would not be large enough to keep a betta in permanently.

aemaki09, how many bettas do you have? All my bettas are in my bedroom, I still live at home and have no space for a fish room...... I am so excited I can't wait to get some more, I have the betta bug bad lol trouble is every time I think I am finally content with the bettas I have one of the local pet shops gets another batch of AMAZING bettas in and I just can't help myself, just when I think I finally have my dream betta I find 3 more better ones...... I will have to get a move on and get the new tank divided it is a pain I have to wait a whole week before the ordered one arrives......
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 AM   #7 
Saphira101

Reminds me of the saying in my sig..
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 AM   #8 
majesticstorm

They sound lovely! I can't wait to see the pictures! :D You're so lucky to have so much space for so many bettas!

Hahahaha, this is why I avoid setting foot into Petco. But I'll need to go get some stuff this weekend, so wish me luck in NOT buying a betta (managed to convince myself not to go last week...can't put it off forever XD). I tell myself I shouldn't look at the bettas, but I WANT to, so I do and then spend over 30 minutes convincing myself not to buy one that's calling to me. Since I'm living in a dorm with a 5.5gal, I've decided to only have one (although dividing it seems oh so tempting), but Rain would probably throw a fit if I ever did it, hahaha...
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 AM   #9 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post

aemaki09, how many bettas do you have? All my bettas are in my bedroom, I still live at home and have no space for a fish room...... I am so excited I can't wait to get some more, I have the betta bug bad lol trouble is every time I think I am finally content with the bettas I have one of the local pet shops gets another batch of AMAZING bettas in and I just can't help myself, just when I think I finally have my dream betta I find 3 more better ones...... I will have to get a move on and get the new tank divided it is a pain I have to wait a whole week before the ordered one arrives......

Right now I have about 20 plus 35ish babies (hard to count). I moved back in with my parents a year and a half ago and so I had to put my dreams of a fish room on hold and have all my tanks in my bedroom too. Except for my 40 (I think) gallon grow out tub that I am keeping in the basement till I need it.
Your problem with the petstore is my problem with aquabid. I can't seem to stop looking to save my life, if I find a great looking fish that is in the US And a good deal IMO I can't help but put a bid on it. It kills my pocketbook, but its worth it to have all these gorgeous guys and girls in my room to breed if I choose! :)

Edit:: oops, 21 bettas! Forgot to add the female I bought as a baby who's tail type is absolutely baffling me! She's the biggest brat of my sorority! I can't believe I forgot her lol

Last edited by aemaki09; 02-14-2013 at 03:34 AM.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM   #10 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

majesticstorm, I have seen pictures of rain and he is so beautiful, lol, I am sure Rain would never forgive you if you divided his tank but it is all so very tempting!!! I know what you mean about walking in a pet shop and trying not to look but you just can't help it and then you see one that you want and try to talk yourself out of it. At times I have been strong enough to resist and walk out of the shop empty handed but I always end up going back sometimes a week later and buying the one I wanted plus usually a couple more. I am not looking forward to when all of my tanks are full because I will still need to go to the petshop for pet supplies...... I think I will have to close my eyes when I walk past the bettas but there seems to be this strong magnetic field that physically draws me to them lol.

aemaki09, Oh you lucky thing you have around 20 already plus babies!!!!! I just do not have the time to breed bettas so I content myself with buying and collecting lol. I know what you mean about aquabid !!!!!! I spend hours upon hours browsing and drooling over the bettas on aquabid, I live in Australia though and worry about putting them through a couple of shipments and quarantine...... it must work out really expensive? You are so lucky that there are people in America on aquabid selling good quality bettas, it just seems such a big ordeal importing from overseas and yet it is soooooooooooo tempting. I swear browsing aquabid could now be considered a hobby I seem to be checking for new listing nearly every day!!!!!!

Last edited by veggiegirl; 02-15-2013 at 10:08 PM.