Betta Fish Forum banner

thermometer for smaller tank? please help!

721 views 14 replies 3 participants last post by  Hadoken Kitty 
#1 ·
I believe I have a 2.5 gallon tank and our heater is basically over heating the water. I've had it for almost a year and it just started acting up. I can't get to the store tonight and I don't know if I can wait for shipping. :-( Anyone have recommendations for a thermometer and where I can find it? We have a petco, petsmart, and walmart by us. I think we have a tetra thermometer from walmart now.

#3 ·
Also, not many heaters for a 2.5 gallon can over-heat the water. However, in the case that it is, the thermometer that I linked for you will let you know.

Also, your tank is good from temp ranges of 78*F-86*F.
80*F is usually seen as idea.

#4 ·
well we finally got a thermometer today and it was over 90 degrees! we unplugged the heater off and on and we're monitoring the temp till we can get to the store tomorrow.

#7 ·
I know!!! I feel horrible! Since I've unplugged he's been swimming all over. I can't wait to go to the store tomorrow. I think he might be getting a bigger tank too because I feel so guilty! lol

#9 ·
I think it's a 2.5 gallon or a 3 gallon. I'm thinking of moving him to a 5 gallon tomorrow along with a new heater.

#11 ·
Thanks! I think I changed my av to an updated pic of Angus. I decided to be fish paparazzi tonight lol. He's changed a lot in the past year. I'm so glad he's doing better tonight. I wish we could have gotten the thermometer sooner...hopefully he wasn't in that temp of water too long.

#12 ·
Doh! I just read my first post...it's late...I said I was looking for thermometers when I meant heaters! Goodness! I should really go to bed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.