Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #1 
ZubinBetta

Goodbye, Mr. Tough Guy

Tough Guy sleeps with the fishes. It all happened so fast. Wednesday morning I went to feed him, expecting his usual antics--curling around to receive each pellet, ready to dive for them should they sink. Instead he would pop up to the surface of the tank and immediately sink, himself, only to lie on his side at the bottom of the tank. He did this several times, so I put him in his cup with a little Methylene Blue. It may have been too strong, or he was already too far gone, but by the next morning he was truly gone; I buried him with the rain lilies and commenced to cleaning his tank with vinegar and then hot running water. I'll let the tank dry a few days and then begin again with a new, expectant face at morning feeding time. They are so charming, I am smitten. I had him two years, and this is about typical for my bettas from PetCo or PetSmart. This might be the time to try AquaBid or MN Betta Shop, though PetCo/Smart is so readily available. Tough Guy had an EHEIM Jager heater but no filter. For his successor I'll obtain a hood for the tank to keep surfactants, aerosols and other limpiadors from getting in. I hope that's not what happened. He died a day and a half after the kitchen counters were cleaned.
ZubinBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #2 
sparkyjoe

I'm sorry for your loss.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:16 AM   #3 
Hadoken Kitty

Awwwww. I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like my baby that I bought from PetSmart. I'd be heart broken to see him act like that. </3
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote