Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #1 
tanjiajien

What type of Betta do I have?

Hey guys, recently gotten interested in Bettas, but still not sure what type my Betta is

His name is Bartholomew!

http://instagram.com/p/Vy3jQHrKVd/

http://instagram.com/p/Vy3HN7LKVA/
tanjiajien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #2 
tanjiajien

This is the other one, could you guys also tell me what type this is? :D

http://instagram.com/p/Vy8kzPrKaJ/
Old 02-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #3 
Laki

Hello and welcome to the site!!

The first one looks like a halfmoon. His fins are tattered so extra water changes and a heater should heal that up.

The second one is definitely a crowntail but his fins are monstrous. He will need some clean water TLC to avoid getting fin rot.

If you can buy online look up amy lim's Indian Almond Leaves and buy some. I buy mine from Aquatic Magic. They're extremely cheap and some people even use pesticide free oak leaves from their backyards. What IAL does is tann the water and make it sort of antibacterial. The tan water also has properties which strengthen the immune system and outward scales of the bettas. They love the dark water (it goes tea colored) and this will help ward off any negative infections and help to heal both your fishes fins.

Once they have nice grown back fins I think they can be remarkable in appearance!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #4 
Viva

From the pics its hard to tell, but they look pretty. They would become more vibrant and show off their fins if they were in a larger, heated tank though.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #5 
tanjiajien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Hello and welcome to the site!!

The first one looks like a halfmoon. His fins are tattered so extra water changes and a heater should heal that up.

The second one is definitely a crowntail but his fins are monstrous. He will need some clean water TLC to avoid getting fin rot.

If you can buy online look up amy lim's Indian Almond Leaves and buy some. I buy mine from Aquatic Magic. They're extremely cheap and some people even use pesticide free oak leaves from their backyards. What IAL does is tann the water and make it sort of antibacterial. The tan water also has properties which strengthen the immune system and outward scales of the bettas. They love the dark water (it goes tea colored) and this will help ward off any negative infections and help to heal both your fishes fins.

Once they have nice grown back fins I think they can be remarkable in appearance!
Thanks for the help!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #6 
callistra

I think the first one is a delta tail, but he's got a lot of fin rot..

Second one even has fin melt and some ammonia burns.

If you just got them, the best treatment is clean water.

If you have had them for a while you have a water quality issues and I suggest filling this out and letting people give you some advice: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #7 
leahleigh

Yeah, I was going to say, the second one looks like a veiltail to me, with some nasty finrot going on.
leahleigh is offline   Reply With Quote