Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #1 
bahamut285

My Plant Nusery

So my Java Ferns decided to drop off some babies. I had to scoop them all up and anchor them to some new decorations.

Am I doing this right? This is the first time I've had to make a nursery for baby plants. Apologies for the random floating ones...I ran out of decorations to anchor them, will they be alright floating like that?

For lights, they're by an enormous window (as you can see behind).

For food, I haven't decided whether I should feed them goldfish water (guaranteed 20ppm nitrates a day...) or if I should use my Flourish. I was gonna use Flourish right away but it's the high concentration formala, something like 1 cap for 50 gallons, and this is a 2 gallon KK... Any suggestions?

bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Nice.....Yes, you can let them float and they will be fine. They are not big feeders anyway-so, the goldfish water and mulm from the tank and/or filter should be fine/enough and/or- even a drop of the liq fert you have. The light from the window should be enough too since they are a low light need plant. Just watch the babies for deficiencies and feed/increase light as needed.

I love that piece of driftwood...
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote