Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #1 
LinkLover

Kicking myself (Petco letter)...

Hey it's been awhile! Right before I took my very long break from the forum, I wrote a letter to Petco about their Betta care, and to my surprise received a somewhat quick response via e-mail from one of their local higher-ups. His e-mail (from what I remember) consisted of an apology for the condition of the fish I had seen, a run down of their official Betta care protocol, and letting me know my issues would be up for discussion at the next regional meeting. I was SO happy to hear that I actually got their attention to some extent, since big companies don't always acknowledge letters from customers. Unfortunately, when I received the e-mail I had just started going through extreme morning sickness (which lasted for over four months) and did not have the energy to write out a thoughtful reply, so I kept putting it off. Of course I eventually forgot about it entirely, and now that things are just a waiting game (I'm due really soon) I can't stop thinking about how much I regret not replying. I feel like I had a great opportunity to do something good for these guys and TOTALLY blew it. Anyway, just thought I would get that out of my system and update those who had worked on the letter with me. I'm glad to be back and I missed you all! :)
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #2 
xShainax

That's why pregnancy terrifies me
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #3 
Saphira101

Nobody blames you. I'm not a mom, nor old enough to have children, but my mother has told me about morning sickness and it sounds awful. Again, nobody blames you.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #4 
LinkLover

Thank you Saphira101, that really means a lot. I have been really struggling with it for a while, and probably will continue doing so, but I'm glad to hear that at least someone doesn't think badly of me for it.

xShainax, it seriously should. I'm trying not to sound too "woe is me" here, but you would not believe how bad it can get. Be afraid, be very afraid!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #5 
xShainax

xD I will stick with my fur and fin babies right now
Old 02-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #6 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I have no idea what it's like and never will but sorry for that! And good on you for contacting them.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 AM   #7 
LinkLover

Good plan. ;)

MattsBettas, Thank you! I really appreciate it. Things like this can bother me FOREVER, so it's nice to be able to talk about it and get support from others.

Last edited by LinkLover; 02-17-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:44 AM   #8 
xShainax

My friend had it all 9 months of her pregnancy and lost 30 lbs
Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #9 
LinkLover

Well that is certainly no fun! Although I am not sick anymore, it seems like icky things just won't stop happening. This will definitely be my only child. Hahaha.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #10 
Option

I don't think it's that big of a deal not replying. Also, I think sometimes not replying actually may convey a stronger message to them...
Option is offline   Reply With Quote