Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #11 
LinkLover

Option, you think so? I mean, the guy who wrote me was very polite about everything, so I felt like maybe not responding would have had a negative effect.
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #12 
cnbufford

Kudos to sending petco a message and congrats on your newest addition. How long ago did you send the message? That's great they replied; have you noticed a difference at the store? These conditions at petco and at petsmart seem ubiquitous. I've been searching for smaller aquarium shops (we just moved to a new area) to use instead of petco or petsmart the next time I need anything. The local aquarium society's website hooked me up with some great little places. It may be a little more expensive but you don't have to deal with substandard conditions. The fee is nominal when you work with people running a place that actually cares for and knows about the needs of fish. Why support a place that doesn't?
cnbufford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #13 
LinkLover

Thank you! I sent the letter at the beginning of July, and got the response a week or so later. So it was quite a while ago. Unfortunately the few times I've stepped into Petco since then it's still been horrible, with dead Bettas everywhere and black fuzzy junk in their cups. I don't know if this only applies to Petsmart stores in my area, but they have GREATLY downsized their Betta section, and (besides being in tiny cups) the water conditions are looking acceptable. I now refuse to buy from Petco, and mostly shop at local pet stores, although their Bettas aren't really looking much better than the large companies. I wish I could find a store that was local AND took care of their animals, because then they would get all my business.
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote