Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #1 
jesssan2442

ten gallon tank starter kit???

what is the best ten gallon starter kit that is reasonably priced (i don't mind having to order it online) i would like for it to come with a filter, a heater and a lid with lights
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #2 
aquaticlifelover

i just got the ten gallon starter kit by tetra. it did not come with a net though ( i already had one anyways) or a heater. i bought a submersible heater for aquariums from 2-10 gallons and it seems to be keeping it warm. i am still cycling it though! using the fish-less method. the starter kit was 35 and the heater was 14.
aquaticlifelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #3 
jesssan2442

ok thanks i'll go look at it
Old 02-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #4 
aquaticlifelover

no problem
aquaticlifelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #5 
SolomonFinch

The only 10 gallon kit i have found with a heater was the marineland complete kit for 80 bucks. it may have been a promo item though because i looked for another online and couldnt find it. i love the heater though... you can wal-mart a pretty complete kit for less than 30 bucks and get your heater anywhere. ebay has all sorts of heaters.
SolomonFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #6 
jesssan2442

i guess any thing above five gallons would be ok but i would like to but some tank mates with my betta
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #7 
Tikibirds

I got the Aqueon delux it when it was on sale at petco for like $40. Although I thin walmart has 10G kit for like $30 or so. It has 2 screwn in incadesence bubls that can be swapped out for flouresence ones if you want live plants. You can get those also in their pet section for like $5 each. You can probably find something in the lighting section that will also work for cheaper - never tried that though because the lid has a plastic thing that the bubls have to fit in and not sure what kind would work, so I just pay the $ for the "fish" bubls.

The Aqueon one comes with a heater, not sure abut the walmart one - aqua culture or whatever the brand is
http://www.aqueonproducts.com/produc...uarium-kit.htm

It may be cheaper to buy everything sepertly.
10G tank $13 - just the tank
Filter $20
Heater $15
Hood - various options. If you want live plants then it will be cheaper to get a setup with the correct lights but if not, craft mesh works for a very cheap lid or if you want something better - aqueon versa lids are about $15-20. This is just a glass cover.
Ebay is a good place to look for cheaper lights and filters. Just aviod the tetra preset heaters. I find they dont work for crap. I have a 50watt and it cant even heat up a 2 gallon bowl over 73

Last edited by Tikibirds; 02-23-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #8 
jesssan2442

ok thank!!