Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #21 
koincidenskis

Tom mini filter

It has great reviews and I personally use it. It is super quiet. I have my tank about 8 feet from my bed and no noise!

I found this at PetSmart about the same price.

Last edited by koincidenskis; 02-23-2013 at 06:14 PM.
koincidenskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #22 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I have a Tetra 10i on mine, but the filter is way to strong. I have to baffle it. Go with a sponge filter.
True but I stick some foam where the water flows out (and put something heavy on top of the foam - like a rock so it won't move) and then I put tall, bushy, silk plants in front of the outflow to slow the water even more. They are pretty quiet filters but what I dont like is I have sand and sometimes when changing the water, the sand gets kicked around. I'm guessing some particles get into the impeller and it stops. Its easy to fix, just take the top off and give the impeller a little nudge with a finger - it starts up right away.

Sponge would be good too but they are more biological filternation and less mechanical filtration. I have 2 airpumps - as long as the airtube is long enugh to place it on a solid surface, they
really aren't THAT noisy.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 02-23-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote