Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Bought Aquatech Power filter (Walmart) having trouble

I saw a recommendation for this filter in a filter thread recently.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regent-For...-1-ct/10313136

I can't find the thread now. It's economical an the filter replacements are as well. First problem is the J shaped stick is too long I'd have to saw it to make it fit my 5.5 gallon tank. I am not excited about sawing it as if the filter does not function to my satisifaction I'd prefer to return it. I don't think I can if if I shorten the part.

I tried the filter nevertheless just to test it and it cycles within the filters tank but does not move water in the tank. I figured even it's long if it's in the water it should still cycle the water in the tank. My other concern is that that the inlet for the filter looks like it could trap my Betta. It has long slits on the end. I have not kept an aquarium for several years but I think there might be a sponge cover that would slip over this inlet that would be safer. I have two tanks and one of the fish is ill with swim bladder disease.

If you have any experience with this filter or suggestions let me know. I need an economical filter system that will keep my water clear/cleaner.

Before I saw the suggestion for this filter I was considering an under gravel style filter any thoughts or suggestions on this type.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:58 AM   #2 
Fishybitty

What kind of 5 gallon do you have? I had it in a 5 gallon and the length of the intake tube was fine. Also, you can raised pull up on the intake tube to lessen the flow. This will make the intake tube a little shorter. I have never had a problem with my betta getting sucked to it. Now, my female tank has live plants and the leaves were constantly getting stuck. I picked this up http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo it works just fine on that filter.

Anything else just ask!
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote