Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #11 
Hadoken Kitty

She may have eaten it. Bettas eat shrimp. Also, I have the 3 gallon from marineland. (:
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #12 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
She may have eaten it. Bettas eat shrimp. Also, I have the 3 gallon from marineland. (:
I'm thinking she did. :( Poor guy. She seemed fine with him at first. She just chased him around a little sometimes. I didn't think she would actually eat him.

So the filter in the 3 gallon is good? Can you tell me more about it so I can make sure it's something I'd want? I just need something that's at least 3 gallons, not too expensive so I can get two, no pushy filter, and has a light. I'll probably sell the 5 gallon I have Patriot in right now, since he hates it so much. I'm not too fond of it either. It's pretty and takes up little space, but there's not much room for decorations and hiding places.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #13 
bettacrazygirl86

Do any of you have the Marineland Eclipse System 3? Not the Crescent. What's it like? Pros? Cons?
Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #14 
Kboou2

To answer the original questions, I highly recommend the Tetra 3 gallon aquarium. It has an overhead LED light, a lid with a small feeding hole, it comes with a Whisper filter, and it looks absolutely gorgeous! (Here's the link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...-Pets/20693135)
Kboou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #15 
blueridge

You should look into how many gallons you are allowed to have tank wise. I know where I go to school we are not allowed tanks above 5 gallons but other colleges allow 10 gallons. I would also look into how big the dorm rooms are. If you don't have a lot of space you may need to find a creative solution for tanks. Personally I would recommend the larger kritter keepers at Petsmart. http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo
They have worked really well for me.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #16 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
You should look into how many gallons you are allowed to have tank wise. I know where I go to school we are not allowed tanks above 5 gallons but other colleges allow 10 gallons. I would also look into how big the dorm rooms are.
Agreed. Most schools have a copy of their student handbook on the website or an admissions counselor should be able to tell you what the policy is on fish tanks. If you ask a counselor, I'd advise that you ask for the wording exactly as it is presented in the student handbook - my admissions counselor to the school I now go to led me to believe that the pets policy was way different than what it actually was. This also allows you to look for loopholes... Where some schools say that you are allowed a total of so many gallons per room, others will say that tanks should not exceed a certain size and you can get away with more. Definately look at how big the first-year dorms are, too, as some are itty-bitty.

I'm personally fond of glass tanks in my dorm because of how often they need to be moved - acrylic just scratches too easily and I'm admittedly a rather clumsy person -.-' That said, maybe split something like the Petco 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank?
Petco Bookshelf Freshwater Fish Aquarium - Office Fish Tank and Home Aquarium from Petco.com
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #17 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboou2 View Post
To answer the original questions, I highly recommend the Tetra 3 gallon aquarium. It has an overhead LED light, a lid with a small feeding hole, it comes with a Whisper filter, and it looks absolutely gorgeous! (Here's the link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...-Pets/20693135)
I've seen it before, and I was about to buy it, but I really don't like the Whisper filter. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
You should look into how many gallons you are allowed to have tank wise. I know where I go to school we are not allowed tanks above 5 gallons but other colleges allow 10 gallons. I would also look into how big the dorm rooms are. If you don't have a lot of space you may need to find a creative solution for tanks. Personally I would recommend the larger kritter keepers at Petsmart. http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...AvailInUS%2FNo
They have worked really well for me.
I have a kritter keeper already. :3 I'm going to look into it and see what the maximum is, so maybe I can get a 10 divided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Agreed. Most schools have a copy of their student handbook on the website or an admissions counselor should be able to tell you what the policy is on fish tanks. If you ask a counselor, I'd advise that you ask for the wording exactly as it is presented in the student handbook - my admissions counselor to the school I now go to led me to believe that the pets policy was way different than what it actually was. This also allows you to look for loopholes... Where some schools say that you are allowed a total of so many gallons per room, others will say that tanks should not exceed a certain size and you can get away with more. Definately look at how big the first-year dorms are, too, as some are itty-bitty.

I'm personally fond of glass tanks in my dorm because of how often they need to be moved - acrylic just scratches too easily and I'm admittedly a rather clumsy person -.-' That said, maybe split something like the Petco 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank?
Petco Bookshelf Freshwater Fish Aquarium - Office Fish Tank and Home Aquarium from Petco.com
I was thinking about that one! I'll look into the tank sizes they allow, and I might divide one. :3 Otherwise, I might just get another 2.65 Marina 360 like I just got for Tiny Tina.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #18 
Saphira101

You could do minibow 5.0... or, like someone already mentioned, you could simply divide a 10 gallon.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #19 
homegrown terror

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...ndingMethod=rr these ones are really nice, and look especially good when paired. the filters are pump-driven, so if you can afford an extra $10 for a stronger pump, you can run both filters off one pump and save outlets. just be warned: the light on it is an LED rig, so it won't do if you wanna grow live plants.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #20 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
You could do minibow 5.0... or, like someone already mentioned, you could simply divide a 10 gallon.
If the colleges allow it, I might! It'd be easier, and it would give both of them more space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tetra-LED-...ndingMethod=rr these ones are really nice, and look especially good when paired. the filters are pump-driven, so if you can afford an extra $10 for a stronger pump, you can run both filters off one pump and save outlets. just be warned: the light on it is an LED rig, so it won't do if you wanna grow live plants.
I saw that one, and I almost bought it. I think it's pretty, but it has the Whisper filter. That's the only problem. HOB filters didn't fit it, otherwise, I was going to get it.