Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #11 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I never knew the title of a post could be a parody of TWO threads! Haha. But really, I believe that the created of that thread really does like her cat but is simply frustrated with it at the time.
and that's fine.........

However really young kids read this forum daily, some are even allowed as members. Some have learning disabilities.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #12 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Oh skye. I will pay for a ticket for you to fly to NL and try to scold Oliver like his mama cat should have. Tried scruffing, tried the whole dominance thing.. Didn't work. Tried hissing and making angry cat growls.. Didn't work. Tried ignoring the behaviour and walking away.. Doesn't really work when I'm trying to study or write a paper. Tried distraction.. Didn't work.
How old is he now? Maybe Jackson Galaxy would like to visit NL
Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #13 
LittleBettaFish

Our cat has absolutely ruined our house. He has a lot of issues (BYB and I think very young when we got him) and not only has he racked up big $$$ on vet bills, but he is also a compulsive sprayer who has ruined the carpet, the furniture and even electrical goods such as our kettle and DVD player.

Our house reeks of cat urine. Anyone who is familiar with the smell will know you cannot get it out no matter what product you use. On a hot day the smell is overwhelming and one of his favourite spots to spray is right under my bed so my bedroom stinks.

Right now we have him on prozac (before that we tried everything) and it does seem to be helping. We had to point blank tell the vet that we were out of options. Much as we love our cat we would seriously have to consider euthanasia if the spraying didn't stop.

Our 15 year cat's worst crime is to scratch on the yucca and leave clumps of fur on the carpet. That and steal food from your plate and bolt off with it.

He was an outside cat (during the day) who is now 100% indoors after nearly dying from a combination of thyroid problems and pancreatitis. He uses his kitty litter 100% of the time. I have never seen him inappropriately toilet anywhere in the house, even when he was basically only passing liquid feces.

I think it is reasonable to expect that a cat will be potentially destructive to your house. Things I expect are scratched couches, scratched carpet, eating/destroying house plants etc. I would not expect as a cat owner to have to deal with a cat that has caused hundreds, if not thousands of dollars in damage. Many people would not be able to cope with having a cat like ours. I believe that inappropriate spraying is one of the main reasons for a cat to be dumped off at a shelter.

At times, I can understand why.

Does admitting to 'hating' your cat at times equate to being a bad pet owner? If so then by all means feel free to label me as such. Sometimes I hate my cat so much I have to lock him in my mum's bedroom because I just get so frustrated with him.

Until you have actually lived with a true problem cat, it is very easy to suggest that someone is a bad owner when they want to let off steam every now and then.

While sometimes I have daydreams of punting our cat down the stairs, I would be devastated if anything ever happened to him. He had what the vet thought was cancer when he was a couple of years younger (he is five now) and me and my mum were just bawling our eyes out for days thinking of losing him.

So I think a lot of people are not actually being serious when they make threats about what they are going to do to their pets.

People that scare me are those like the co-worker I had who dropped off their cat at the local shelter because it was too affectionate and annoyed them all the time. I kindly let her know that it was most likely going to be put down as the euthanasia rate amongst shelter cats is very high. I think she found out later that it had been destroyed after failing to find a home.

I could never imagine abandoning any of my animals like that. Those are the kind of people that deserve your contempt.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #14 
Viva

Whoever hates cats has serious issues. They're literally the best animals on earth, OVER 9000 times better than humans to give exact numbers.

Here's my precious little angel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVpX...DhyZQ&index=14

Here's a riddle for you all:
If you hit yourself in the hand with a hammer, and then enraged exclaim, "WOW I HATE HAMMERS!", do you throw that hammer away and get something else to bang the nail in? Because if you HATE hammers, surely you'd want to destroy it forever and never see it again.

Anyone know?

Last edited by Viva; 02-18-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:59 PM   #15 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah I never got why people rag on cats. They seem to get a lot more hatred directed towards them than dogs and they are seriously just as loyal and affectionate as dogs are.

I had a Siamese cat who followed me for this massive walk me and a friend did through a property my mum's ex-partner used to own. This was through a rainforest type setting and crossing small streams and climbing through fences etc. and he just followed along for the whole walk. It must have been at least a couple of kms.

I think a lot of people hate them because they are killers, but our dogs have killed several birds, rats and chickens. Plus the only way for a cat to be a killer is if it is allowed outside. I am 100% for indoor only cats. Our Siamese cat got hit by a car, and our very old cat Belle, got her back broken by someone's off-lead dog in our own front yard. That's why all our cats but one are indoors only now.

Also your cat is adorable. I love when they have conversations with you.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #16 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Yeah I never got why people rag on cats. They seem to get a lot more hatred directed towards them than dogs and they are seriously just as loyal and affectionate as dogs are.

I had a Siamese cat who followed me for this massive walk me and a friend did through a property my mum's ex-partner used to own. This was through a rainforest type setting and crossing small streams and climbing through fences etc. and he just followed along for the whole walk. It must have been at least a couple of kms.

I think a lot of people hate them because they are killers, but our dogs have killed several birds, rats and chickens. Plus the only way for a cat to be a killer is if it is allowed outside. I am 100% for indoor only cats. Our Siamese cat got hit by a car and our very old and very gentle female cat Belle got her back broken by someone's off-lead dog in our own front yard so that's why all our cats but one are indoors only now.

Also your cat is adorable. I love when they have conversations with you.
Thanks! My cat loves me because I don't abuse and neglect it like most other people do to their cats. That's half the reason cats are dubbed "mean" and "anti social".

Sometimes I get mad at her from time to time and say un-meaningful things like "I hate you," but she knows that I really love her. Animals are smart.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:28 PM   #17 
Hadoken Kitty

I'm a terrible person.

I love cats. I love every kind of cat. I just want to hug all them....but I can't...-sniffle- can't hug every cat!

http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #18 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
I'm a terrible person.

I love cats. I love every kind of cat. I just want to hug all them....but I can't...-sniffle- can't hug every cat!

http://youtu.be/sP4NMoJcFd4

LOL!!!!!!!! I would have fell for it if she actually shed some tears.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #19 
nel3

i dont have a pet dog or cat, i do love both but i cant consider keeping either. my schedule is too incomaptible to do daily morning walks and i often come back at 2:30pm on work days. i know cats can do well around fish and reptiles in certain occasions but id rather not risk it nor my furniture.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

If you don't like cats don't have one. It's as simple as that.
Closed Thread