Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #21 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
If you don't like cats don't have one. It's as simple as that.
Especially if you like your furniture more than a pet.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #22 
nel3

i do have new furniture but thats aside the point. if i didnt have any fish or small reptiles then id be more open to other furry pets.

atm i have enough pets to take care of without adding another type of pet. say what you will but theres no point in getting so many pets that you cant spare time for them all. i wouldnt have time for any extra in addition to my current ones so i chose not to put an animal through unneccesary stress simply because i dont have the time to spare.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #23 
Silverfang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
If you don't like cats don't have one. It's as simple as that.
Oh DQ, you said a mouthful.

Likewise, if you can't care for a cat, don't get one.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #24 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by nel3 View Post
i do have new furniture but thats aside the point. if i didnt have any fish or small reptiles then id be more open to other furry pets.

atm i have enough pets to take care of without adding another type of pet. say what you will but theres no point in getting so many pets that you cant spare time for them all. i wouldnt have time for any extra in addition to my current ones so i chose not to put an animal through unneccesary stress simply because i dont have the time to spare.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #25 
veggiegirl

Sometimes our pets drive us insane................. but we still love them. Well said Viva I usually prefer the company of an animal any day.....
Old 02-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #26 
Fishybitty

I once saw.

If you want a pet/extra family member, but don't want to keep it for 15+ years. Buy a stuffed animal instead.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:35 AM   #27 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Can I ask why a thread about a person venting about their cat gets removed, but a thread that seems directly targeted (in a very negative light) at the OP of that thread gets to stay?

It wasn't after all like the OP of that thread had posted a video of them kicking/smacking their cat around.

This doesn't seem so much an education about responsible cat ownership but more of a jab at another member.

We removed the first thread because we started getting a lot of reports that people found it disturbing. If they had posted a video of actual abuse, it would have been removed immediately and either a temporary ban or permanent ban given to the OP.

As for this thread, we're not going to close it or edit it unless people start name calling and/or bashing each other. No-one is ever going to agree 100% of the time but I think we can all agree here that we love animals and don't want to hear about abuse.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #28 
LadyVictorian

Yeah that was mildly disturbing, the whole cutting open part. O.o, as someone who loves my cat so much it bothered me. My cat does naughty thing but unlike getting angry at her I figure out why she id doing them and solve the problems. Call me crazy but in my eyes my cat is perfect even if many people around us hate her because she doesn't like them and only loves me. Yet I don't blame her for only loving me since it seems true a lot of people dislike cats and she had discovered I am safe and society isn't. When guests come over she cowers in my arms or hides under my bed, she hides all day until it's night time and she can spend time alone with me. When she started peeing on my bed she did it because someone moved into the house and i was spending time with them at night instead of her and she got angry. It stopped once I started spending night time with her again and snuggle her in bed and watch scary movies with her. She has had her ups and downs and even when she does something bad I would never wish her ill health or to be hurt. The very thought of her getting hurt hurts me. I only ever hit her once when she did something unforgivable and afterwards I sat their holding her crying and saying sorry because hitting her hurt me more than it hurt her. That is why i am so shocked about people actually wishing so much harm on their kitties. I think if my kitty cut herself open and bled to death I would end up in a hospital over a serious mental breakdown.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #29 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

Comments irrelevant to the thread topic have been removed. Please stay on topic. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #30 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
Especially if you like your furniture more than a pet.
I remember seeing a saying somewhere that said if you don't like doghair on your clothes then don't sit on my furniture. Or something like that. lol

Last edited by SeaHorse; 02-19-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: corrected a word.
Closed Thread