Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #41 
finnfinnfriend

That's why when I move out and get a cat I am going to have a separate room just for the caged animals that the cat isn't allowed in. I love cats but I also love small fish and reptiles...
Old 02-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #42 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think if I had a cat and fish I'd keep my cat away from my fish and I would not let my cat drink tank water. GROSS!!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #43 
LittleBettaFish

My cats don't bother my fish. But they love drinking the fish tank water. I have tasted my fish tank water before and it has a very earthy taste, sort of like I imagine how a puddle would taste. So I wonder if that is why they like it so much.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #44 
Viva

Whoever hates cats has serious issues. They're literally the best animals on earth, OVER 9000 times better than humans to give exact numbers.

Here's my precious little angel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVpX...DhyZQ&index=14
Old 02-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #45 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
Yeah that was mildly disturbing, the whole cutting open part.
You know what would be more disturbing? If she actually DID fall through the glass lid that she climbs on and cut herself. But luckily it was just me typing and didn't actually happen. She is really fat though so there's a small possibility.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #46 
acitydweller

i like cats and would actually love them if not for my allergy
Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #47 
Silverfang

it's impossible to keep them from drinking water.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #48 
Laki

Not so. I bought Oliver a cat it fountain and he is only mildly interested in drinking the tank water when I do water changes. He likes the smell of the water, but I stop him from drinking it bc that's what we paid 30$ for the fountain and 14$ for each pack of filters for!!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #49 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
it's impossible to keep them from drinking water.
Unless you completely seal it, yes. I don't see why cats can't drink from aquariums anyways, I don't see any harm in it. As long as that's all they're doing up there. My childhood cat drank from my 90 gallon aquarium all the time, nothing ever happened.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #50 
LittleBettaFish

Heck I get mouthfuls of aquarium water all the time. Apart from when I nearly aspirated myself, it hasn't done me any harm.

I wonder too if the warmer water in tropical aquariums makes them more enticing.

Our outside cat is hilarious. He is forever springing out at us from bushes or 'helping' to do the weeding in the garden. His best party trick is that he recognises my mum's car and so he runs towards it when he sees it coming down the driveway or just stands there kneading and purring so I have to get out and move him. He doesn't do it to anyone else's car but God it gives you a heart attack when he pops out of nowhere.

He is the most cat-aggressive cat I have ever met. We tried several times to integrate him into the household and we just couldn't. He gets on the back of the other cats and really gets stuck into them. I think he would do some serious damage if he wasn't kept separate.

It's a shame as he is extremely affectionate and he spends much of his time outside moping at the door or hanging off windowsills trying to get inside. If he wasn't such a jerk he could come in.
Closed Thread