Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #1 
MiyuMikaelson

What kind of sick...? D:

Not okay, in my opinion. Anyone else see just terrible "aquariums" for Betta's?
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #2 
valen1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyuMikaelson View Post

Not okay, in my opinion. Anyone else see just terrible "aquariums" for Betta's?
Oh my gosh, at my university there is a main building where everyone hangs out and gets food... some people set up tables there and sell jewelry and things like that BUT the other day I saw someone at a table selling exactly that in the picture. Bettas in bottles and some in even smaller things! I haven't had to go through that building since then but I am pretty sure they are still there. I would really like to say something but I'm really shy and I wouldn't know what to say to get them to take me seriously. I feel like I should stand up for the poor fishies though, I've been kind of mad at myself about that

I was thinking of trying to see if there are fish-related clubs at the university and contact them to see if we can get together and do something about it. I just really feel that by myself, especially with the baby-face that I have, they are just going to walk over me.

Last edited by valen1014; 02-19-2013 at 04:46 PM.
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #3 
MiyuMikaelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen1014 View Post
Oh my gosh, at my university there is a main building where everyone hangs out and gets food... some people set up tables there and sell jewelry and things like that BUT the other day I saw someone at a table selling exactly that in the picture. Bettas in bottles and some in even smaller things! I haven't had to go through that building since then but I am pretty sure they are still there. I would really like to say something but I'm really shy and I wouldn't know what to say to get them to take me seriously. I feel like I should stand up for the poor fishies though, I've been kind of mad at myself about that
You could report it to any "authorities" in that part of the Uni. Let them know that animal abuse is taking place. That way you don't have to confront them directly, and it can still be handled. (I'm shy too. ) But don't be too mad at yourself. Sometimes people genuinely don't know it's a bad idea.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #4 
valen1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiyuMikaelson View Post
You could report it to any "authorities" in that part of the Uni. Let them know that animal abuse is taking place. That way you don't have to confront them directly, and it can still be handled. (I'm shy too. ) But don't be too mad at yourself. Sometimes people genuinely don't know it's a bad idea.
Oh thank you! That's a really good idea. I will stop by again to see if they are still there (best I can do is give them a mean stare while I'm at it XD), and then see who I could report it to. This craziness needs to be stopped, how can people even do water changes in that bottle!
valen1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #5 
MiyuMikaelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by valen1014 View Post
Oh thank you! That's a really good idea. I will stop by again to see if they are still there (best I can do is give them a mean stare while I'm at it XD), and then see who I could report it to. This craziness needs to be stopped, how can people even do water changes in that bottle!
I don't know how you could do a water change without scaring the tar out of the fishie.
;-;