Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #1 
Andrew890

Question Betta has several white spots on his body?

I've had my fish, Cloudee, for about a year by now. I keep him in a 2 1/2 gallon tank that includes a heater, water filter, and four small plants. I change the water once per week to make sure it stays clean and rinse the gravel clean about once every two months. But despite the care I've been giving him, ever since I got him I noticed he was developing these small white spots all over his body
Initially it was just a couple white scales on his left side and I said "okay, that's probably normal" considering he is naturally a very light color and by nature has white scales scattered along his body and these were just a stronger white.
Then the one that began to make me nervous was a small white spot near his gills- it never used to be there and began very small but overtime has become larger - I assumed it might be a tumor but it was not raised and, as of recently has seemed to stop growing altogether.
I know that overtime betta's color naturally fades into something else, so is it a natural process that my fish is going from light pink to pure white due to old age? Or is it something more serious I should be worried about? Overall he seems healthy, other than a little episode I had recently with a power outage and my fish getting very cold he seems to have made a strong recovery and is as healthy as always.

Here are some pictures:

Above is the white spot near his face
Andrew890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #2 
Andrew890

Is it ick?
Andrew890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #3 
callistra

Far as I can tell, it looks like his natural coloring. However, as the photo is not perfect I can't say for 100% certain. Is it raised at all? Fuzzy? or just the color of the scales?
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta white, gills, spots