Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #1 
Shadyr

How many fish can fit in a cup?

So after a rocky start, my sorority has been going *much* better. My pack of curious girls always has to inspect new arrivals. New girls do the last 2-3 days of their QT floating in their cup in the big tank so they can get used to the scenery and the scenery can get used to them. Release Time is always fun. I turn the cup on its side to let the new girl swim out. This has been what happens the last few times

Answer: Answer: 5 bettas for sure, with 6&7 thinking about it. A couple of the more daring tetras appear to be contemplating it too.

Name:  fishinacup1280.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  42.5 KB
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #2 
tekkguy

That's funny! I saw this thread title, and thought "Oh, no!"
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #3 
angus

I was nervous I was going to see a pic of someone trying to house multiple fish in a tiny cup...glad this is not that!
angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #4 
Shadyr

Eep, I was certainly not thinking of that interpretation. More along the lines of "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" kinda thing. No, no bettas were damaged in the taking of that picture, tho I did nearly drop my phone in the tank. It took a good several minutes before everyone was done inspecting the inside of the cup and wandered out of it, allowing me to take it out.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #5 
Viva

I was almost offended by this thread haha. Well, worried really.

They look so cute in there. Little adventurous fishies swimming around together :D Its like when I throw a small box down on the ground and both my cats immediately try to squish into it together lol.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #6 
LittleBettaFish

Bettas are so curious about everything. I think that's why they get into so much trouble.

I had a round plastic container holding vallisneria that had I put in my sorority. There was about 3-4cm between the gravel and the rim of the container, and about half my sorority swam in there and it was like watching a mouse on a wheel as they just went around and around and around.

Gorgeous females. Particularly the one looking up at the camera.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #7 
Shadyr

Thank you heh! And yes, I think curiosity is what drives them to HAVE to inspect the cup. They like watching the cat as much as the cat likes watching them. Mutually entertaining, they are.

At least if I ever have to take them out for tank maintenance or problems, they all pretty much cup themselves
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #8 
Fishy Mom

Lol, they cup themselves. You have them well trained.
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #9 
Shadyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I had a round plastic container holding vallisneria that had I put in my sorority. There was about 3-4cm between the gravel and the rim of the container, and about half my sorority swam in there and it was like watching a mouse on a wheel as they just went around and around and around.

Gorgeous females. Particularly the one looking up at the camera.
That sounds like it would have been fun to watch. Did they figure out how to get back out on their own?

The white one looking up was the new girl, who was probably thinking something like "Help Help, my space is being invaded!" She hid in the hornwort for the next two days and has just started coming up to the top with the others at food time