Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #11 
madmonahan

It's not like you can exactly stop a cat from walking across someone's yard. Cats have their own minds just like humans do. Our neighbors hate our cats, because they are not the nices people...but our other neighbors love them. It does depend on the neighborhood and where you live, but it's not like it's easy to train a cat to stay. Every animal has "problems."
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #12 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
It's not like you can exactly stop a cat from walking across someone's yard. Cats have their own minds just like humans do. Our neighbors hate our cats, because they are not the nices people...but our other neighbors love them. It does depend on the neighborhood and where you live, but it's not like it's easy to train a cat to stay. Every animal has "problems."
That's the risk you take. If any of your cats disappears, you know what probably happened.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #13 
madmonahan

Our cat disappeared for a week once. He came back fed and healthy, we think somebody kept him, I don't blame them though, he is a sweet fluff ball. >.>
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #14 
dramaqueen
Banned

Mine was an indoor/outdoor cat.unsheathe loved to be outside and wad an excellent mouser but she loved the comfort of laying on the couch sleeping, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #15 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I don't hate cats... but they dig up my flowers and kill the wild birds I feed (which in general is a large problem). So I always chase them out of the yard (not that they ever learn to stay out)..... No, not everyone appreciates cats causing trouble in their yards and on their property. I don't appreciate people letting their cats out. I don't think domestic animals should be running around free without supervision.
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #16 
Xaltd1

I bought my tank just for my cat: he's the "Xaltd 1", I'm simply his humble servant posting on his behalf. He adores watching them, and never gets his paws in the water (but I do have a full hood!)
I WISH he'd be an indoor cat!!! He just HAS to be outdoors (unless it's snowing, raining, too hot, too windy). I have him microchipped & I have insurance (yup, they sell cat insurance!). He's a wicked hunter, and brings me "dinner". It's live by the sword, die by the sword with him. He IS huge and really tough, but I can't believe he's lasted 8 years w/o incident. We have fishers & coyotes.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #17 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
We have fishers & coyotes.
fishers are really mean and scary! I've heard stories about them just grabbing dogs right off the leash while the owners are taking them for a walk
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #18 
Xaltd1

Indeed!! About 10 years ago I caught a fisher ripping up a nylon suet bag I nailed to a tree. It had to climb 10 feet up the tree to get at it. I scared it away & never saw it again. I've seen fishers as road kill, tho'
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #19 
FishFriend9292

When I had a cat we let it out once and he came home with a dead bird. He didn't get outside much after that...but he was still happy because he wasn't a personality that enjoyed being outdoors most of his time. He preferred on the couch spelling!
FishFriend9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #20 
Xaltd1

Jax, his Royal Highness & my boss, doesn't catch birds... he does, unfortunately, drag in fresh rabbit. When there are no bunnies, he's a world class voler & mouser. The chipmunks tease him relentlessly! They can always get away from him b/c they have big holes all over my lawn- it looks like target practice for a bazooka. He sticks his big paws in the holes and fishes around...LOL...