Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Today, 08:01 AM   #1 
Pumpkin

Brown edges on plant leaf?

One of my plants has started to get brown tinges on the edges and I'm wondering why this could occur? I use liquid plant fertiliser so I'm not exactly sure which nutrient it could possibly be lacking. But my guess is maybe I leave the light on too long? I read that you should leave it like 8 hours or something but I tend to turn it on when I get up then when I go to bed I turn it off so it ends up being on for like 12+ hours. But the light is only 3 watts LED anyway, not really for plant growing. What do you think?
Pumpkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:28 AM   #2 
Danno

What are you using for a fertilizer? How big is the tank?
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:55 AM   #3 
rubbie5837

The open posted that they use liquid ferts, but could it be that it might be that it needs root ferts instead. Do you know what type of plant it is? That info would help in a possible cause. Also it could be diatoms. I had that problem with my swords because I was leaving the light on all day. I was told to give a break time in the lighting. Say 4 hrs in the morning and cut it off for about 3 hrs and turn it back on for another 4 hrs. I started doing that and it helped with the algae problem. Also some plants require alot of iron and I know a deficiency can cause Browning in the leaves.
rubbie5837 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:20 AM   #4 
Danno

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbie5837 View Post
The open posted that they use liquid ferts, but could it be that it might be that it needs root ferts instead. Do you know what type of plant it is? That info would help in a possible cause. Also it could be diatoms. I had that problem with my swords because I was leaving the light on all day. I was told to give a break time in the lighting. Say 4 hrs in the morning and cut it off for about 3 hrs and turn it back on for another 4 hrs. I started doing that and it helped with the algae problem. Also some plants require alot of iron and I know a deficiency can cause Browning in the leaves.
A lot of liquid ferts aren't complete fertilizers, like the seachem comp. stuff, or API Leaf Zone.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #5 
Wolfstardobe

This is a good guide for general information:

http://infographics.myaquacalc.com/w...y-labeled2.jpg
Wolfstardobe is offline   Reply With Quote