Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Old Today, 11:36 AM   #1 
Plants keep dying-what next?

I have a ten gallon tank, filtered and heated, with a single male betta. I tried to plant wisteria in it, but I had immense difficulty burying it in substrate. They died after I went on vacation and the lights were turned off. I had them for a grand total of two weeks. My tank has gravel instead of soil. I'm thinking of adding either mopani wood or some other kind, and tying some plants to it. My light is a national geographic 20 inch led. What plants are easy and don't require much light and care?
Whippet44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #2 
Reference Team
How long were the lights off in total? Wisteria can be finicky. Try Java Fern and/or Anubias instead. It doesn't grow as quickly but it's much harder to kill and it will survive a couple days without light for sure if you need. I recommend investing in a timer, you can get a super cheap one at Wal-Mart in the hardware section usually near the extension cords and light bulbs. Costs about 5-7 dollars for a single timer and it's super easy to use. This way, you can have the lights on while you're away if you need and you won't kill plants so easily.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote