Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM   #1 
Bpepp33

what's your favorite online plant shop?

I was just curious as to what your favorite online plant shop is. please tell why too. I can't say one because I've only ever gotten plants from petsmart and they weren't the best quality and they were also very expensive. this time, im ordering online, which is why I made this thread
Bpepp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #2 
TerriGtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpepp33 View Post
I was just curious as to what your favorite online plant shop is. please tell why too. I can't say one because I've only ever gotten plants from petsmart and they weren't the best quality and they were also very expensive. this time, im ordering online, which is why I made this thread
I love love love www.aquariumplants.com. (Did I say I loved them?) I have been ordering from them for years and they are very helpful with questions when you call. One of the reason I chose them, is they do not use the fiberglass packing which I have a health issue with.
Every single plant I have ordered from them came in packed well, in excellent condition. In some cases, with large orders they actually shipped everything in a large insulated styro box.
and if for some reason you do have an issue, they will make it right by you!
TerriGtoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM   #3 
Bpepp33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriGtoo View Post
I love love love www.aquariumplants.com. (Did I say I loved them?) I have been ordering from them for years and they are very helpful with questions when you call. One of the reason I chose them, is they do not use the fiberglass packing which I have a health issue with.
Every single plant I have ordered from them came in packed well, in excellent condition. In some cases, with large orders they actually shipped everything in a large insulated styro box.
and if for some reason you do have an issue, they will make it right by you!
do they have expensive shipping?
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM   #4 
Aqua Aurora

Well mine use to be plantedaquariumcentral BUT the owner is a lieing sack of [censor] that sells dwarf baby tears on coco fiber and metal mesh mats that are NOT shrimp safe but claims they are... 1/2 my shrimp colony is dead and the only change is adding that mat (surprisingly even with so many shrimp corpses my ammonia and nitrites are 0ppm and nitrates is 0-5ppm). Also thier shipping prices are disgustingly high.

I usually shop plants on a separate forum which I'm not allowed to link with this sites rules in open forum posts, but it has a for sale section for members. However these are just other job jest selling thier excess so you have to check thier trader reviews and ways look for use of insulation or doa guarantee to avoid disappointment.

Last edited by Aqua Aurora; Yesterday at 04:19 PM.
Aqua Aurora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM   #5 
artemis35

I have used multiple times and highly recommend:

plantedaquariumscentral.com

and

bamaplants.com

The first site listed is the one that uses fiberglass as part of their insulation. I believe that you can request it not be used when you place your order (if you have a sensitivity to it, like Terri).

I, personally, do not recommend aquariumplants.com
I got one order from them (almost entirely stem plants), and found it to be awful.

**About 25% of the plants had huge amounts of algae on them (some so infested I just tossed the entire bundle).
**Nothing was labeled.
**The shipping invoice indicated that they had substituted for certain plants, but did not indicate what they gave me instead.
**Several bundles of plants melted entirely (to a puddle of mush) overnight in my holding tank (never happened before).
**Their website claims that all of their plants are grown submerged, but it was obvious that several of my ludwigia species were grown emerged.
**And, more than half of the plants that made it into my tanks just melted and rotted away (which never happened with other sites' plants).
artemis35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #6 
Bpepp33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Aurora View Post
Well mine use to be plantedaquariumcentral BUT the owner is a lieing sack of [censor] that sells dwarf baby tears on coco fiber and metal mesh mats that are NOT shrimp safe but claims they are... 1/2 my shrimp colony is dead and the only change is adding that mat (surprisingly even with so many shrimp corpses my ammonia and nitrites are 0ppm and nitrates is 0-5ppm). Also thier shipping prices are disgustingly high.

I usually shop plants on a separate forum which I'm not allowed to link with this sites rules in open forum posts, but it has a for sale section for members. However these are just other job jest selling thier excess so you have to check thier trader reviews and ways look for use of insulation or doa guarantee to avoid disappointment.
so sorry about your shrimp!! did you have problems with any other orders you made with them?
Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM   #7 
Bpepp33

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis35 View Post
I have used multiple times and highly recommend:

plantedaquariumscentral.com

and

bamaplants.com

The first site listed is the one that uses fiberglass as part of their insulation. I believe that you can request it not be used when you place your order (if you have a sensitivity to it, like Terri).

I, personally, do not recommend aquariumplants.com
I got one order from them (almost entirely stem plants), and found it to be awful.

**About 25% of the plants had huge amounts of algae on them (some so infested I just tossed the entire bundle).
**Nothing was labeled.
**The shipping invoice indicated that they had substituted for certain plants, but did not indicate what they gave me instead.
**Several bundles of plants melted entirely (to a puddle of mush) overnight in my holding tank (never happened before).
**Their website claims that all of their plants are grown submerged, but it was obvious that several of my ludwigia species were grown emerged.
**And, more than half of the plants that made it into my tanks just melted and rotted away (which never happened with other sites' plants).
wow >.< Id be horribly mad and want my money back!!
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #8 
TerriGtoo

Artemis35--did you let aquariumplants.com know of the problems with your shipment?
That is really unusual. What time of year did you order and did you choose the 2nd day air option?
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #9 
Aqua Aurora

Quote:
so sorry about your shrimp!! did you have problems with any other orders you made with them?
Uh I've bought dwarf lily bulbs from them...3 different times, only 1 was alive when I got it. The other 2 after being put in water got a mold on them and smelled absolutely foul, they never put out any leaves. I tried keeping them in a lit quarentine for a few weeks but had to toss them- they got soft (when squeezed) so they were dead.
I recently bought their... Brain farting on name it's the corkscrew style sword plants... They all looked pretty crappy when they got here, yellowed tips and no roots at all (this is a major root plant). Not sure if they'll survive or not...
Aside from price of shipping and no doa guanrtee for usps (ups sniping costing $60+)
Aqua Aurora is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #10 
TerriGtoo

Quote:
do they have expensive shipping?

I paid around $13.00 for 2nd day air. It is less expensive that way if you can send to your place of work as opposed to a residence.