Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #1 
Aeon

floating plants

I have brazillian pennywort (sp?) and knave my white loved swimming through it and he seems to have unrooted the anbius too so im just leaving them float -- might try to tie them to the tree IDK yet.

I have a few pennywort and anbuis in Kai's tank too but what im looking for is a few low light plants that float and sort of hang down so they can swim through them. And how does shipping plants work? are they bagged like fish when u get them from a store? Once received, for instant I get mail when im at work (someones home to take them inside) but how long will they last till I get home and get them in the tank? and it seems im having better luck with potted plants with a well root system developed then the cuttings or groups u get.

moneywort and primerose melt for me cant keep them alive and my swords the roots were rotted not sure why, i used root tabs and flourish but they will prob die -- I cut away the dead roots still have some good roots on them. so we'll see with them.
Aeon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:35 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah, depends on the seller but I wrap my plants up in a damp paper towel and then put them in a sandwich baggie and tape shut. Then I insulate and because of the winter, I use a heat pack and pack in the box and send off. They should be fine in the box for a few day's, usually 5 is like the absolute max I usually say, shipping with Priority is usually 2-3 day's.

If you want something with long roots you should get Dwarf Water Lettuce, their roots get fantastically long and beautiful!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:06 AM   #3 
tommy d

Water sprite can be used as a floating plant and looks great, grows fast and doesn't require a lot of light. I see your in Allentown, no need to ship the plants, Petco in Whitehall or Lehigh St. usually has a good selection.

Last edited by tommy d; 01-22-2015 at 11:08 AM.
tommy d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #4 
Aeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy d View Post
Water sprite can be used as a floating plant and looks great, grows fast and doesn't require a lot of light. I see your in Allentown, no need to ship the plants, Petco in Whitehall or Lehigh St. usually has a good selection.

2 wks ago i drove out to exeter to get some better plants my petco near me they r horrible. half dead all brown hardly ever get shipments in
Aeon is online now   Reply With Quote