Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #101 
aemaki09

I am soo glad that I started this thread!! I REALLY love seeing everyone's tanks! They look amazing!

I guess I'm gonna go with the black diamond then! Depending on how big my tips are tomorrow, I'll probably go pick that and the soil up, and hopefully get everything rinsed and ready to start my substrate changing process on Sunday or Monday :)
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #102 
Aurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwomais View Post
Just so you know Aurie, I hate you. Those tanks are STUNNING!
Thanks! I just kinda put things in willy nilly.. that 29 is my pride and joy though. Up and running for 6 months now .. I'm not totally happy with the 5 but I'm just gonna let things do what they do. The trouble is that I'm having issues finding plants the stay small. replanting in dirt sucks. I might redo it to look the same, just without soil. (it's in there, behind the sand I hid it like peanut butter in a reeces cup) - I walk into my LFS and they go "What plants do you want today" LOL

I love seeing everyone's tanks though. I get a lot of inspiration from them and I love seeing plants there vs a catalog because you go "Hey what's that plant?" and they tell you, and it's nicer to see it in an aquarium vs in a tank at the store .. it's like looking at paints and trying to imagine them on a canvas.
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #103 
Kwomais

So true. But you have a real talent! I actually love the 5, the DWL looks really nice hanging down like that.

& thanks Aemaki, for starting the thread! it's awesome! :3
Kwomais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #104 
ao
TFK Moderator

My 2.5 :D
the frogbit has certainly gotten out of hand

ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #105 
FishyFishy89

Aurie, do you use tabs in your 29 gal?
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #106 
Gogee

I'm loving the pics of everyone elses's tanks, some really beautiful ones out there!
Here's my newly planted out 23 gallon It's my first time doing some planned scaping, rather than just chucking in a hodge podge of whatever.
Hopefully the plants will grow nicely and fill out a little. The Banana Lilly is already showing signs of life today, and the Ambulia looks a little better now as it arrived a little worse for wear with a bit of decay on some of the stems
Fishies and shrimpies have more places to explore (hide!) now.
Gogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #107 
Tabbie82

Gogee! You have a beautiful tank! I love it. Bet you have some happy fishes in there!
Tabbie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #108 
laurenmekal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
Ooooh, such pretty tanks everyone!!

I've made some alterations to my tanks... Removed a large portion of hardscape from each one, added some stones, and tried to arrange it so I can fit quite a few more stems into each, and hopefully some mid/foreground plants if they end up receiving enough light. Hooray! They look a little empty after doing that, because I tried arranging everything so there'd be plenty of room for more stems in the back when they arrive, but there's the same number of plants as before. ^.^

I don't know if it's allowed in this thread, but I wanted to include a mugshot of Weehawk, because he's the only one who would cooperate for photos today. XD

i love this tannk!!! please tell me what plants you have / how you set this tank up!
laurenmekal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #109 
laurenmekal

Quote:
Originally Posted by undergunfire View Post
Here is my 5g cube NPT that I planted on Wednesday (pictures are from that day). It currently just has 3 Assassin Snails and I am looking to get another Betta, but haven't quite found the one I really want yet (only getting one, so it needs to be "the one"!). It is now Saturday and its doing well...about to do my first water change on it (even though the water is pretty clear already).

i love love love this!!! what do you have in there? and how did you set it up?
laurenmekal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #110 
Aurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Aurie, do you use tabs in your 29 gal?
I use 3 every 3 months. I put 1 next to the sword, 1 on the left corner behind the driftwood and one on the right where that driftwood enters the sand. .. The API ones at petco/smart
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou