betta fish

Old 06-05-2014, 02:33 AM   #1171 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

Beautiful tank; good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taquitos View Post
Went a little crazy plant shopping...

These are all easy, low-med light plants.

RussellTheShihTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:14 PM   #1172 
TerriGtoo

I love the look of your tank. For me, the more plants the better. (Allowing for space for the fish!) 17 tanks of my are planted. I wish I had a decent camera to attach photos of mine. Maybe one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post

Two months ago.

Current.

Much harder to photograph now that the water lettuce has taken over. In real life it looks so much more amazing.

I personally love the overgrown look, and feel as though they are the best for a sorority (though this contains only a male and some ghost shrimp) as then everyone can find their own space. However, the fish can be hard to find. Even my giant here disappears, and goodness knows I only find the shrimp if I really stir stuff up or put some good food in the tank.
TerriGtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #1173 
TerriGtoo

Really nice! I have the Tardis too, as well as a few Cybermen etc. Unfortunately my husband, being the Dr Who nut, has them on his desk. not in an aquarium as planned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleandpebble View Post
beautiful.
TerriGtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #1174 
taquitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleandpebble View Post
beautiful.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellTheShihTzu View Post
Beautiful tank; good job.
Thanks! I trimmed the plants today so it looks a bit better and less like a jungle imo :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriGtoo View Post
Really nice! I have the Tardis too, as well as a few Cybermen etc. Unfortunately my husband, being the Dr Who nut, has them on his desk. not in an aquarium as planned!
Haha that's too funny! My boyfriend and I are big Dr Who fans too :) We cannot have any decorations besides the ones in our tanks though because we live with three mischievous cats! :P
taquitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #1175 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Update on my 29. And taquitos, your tank isn't a jungle at all! It's quite beautiful!

lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:29 AM   #1176 
Tree

my new lighting on my 2.6 and 3 gallon planted tanks. =) hehe looks purple/pink in the photo but its a different color in person.

Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #1177 
Likuid300

Betta in his Java house and rabbit snail in back.
Attached Images

Likuid300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #1178 
taquitos

Wow both these look so great!!

I wish I had another tank now to do more aquascaping lol! Unfortunately not in my budget... but when my betta breeder successfully breeds a plakat koi then I shall have another tank to work with :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Update on my 29. And taquitos, your tank isn't a jungle at all! It's quite beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likuid300 View Post

Betta in his Java house and rabbit snail in back.
taquitos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #1179 
G26okie

Hey guys and girls, it has been a while, but I did some planting and live stock adding, figured I would throw up a pic.

I had a recent java fern leave die off, figured I would do some thickening up/planting.

Added 4 lace java ferns in the back and sides, real nice ones with large rhizomes. Took a regular anubias (non nana) split its big leaves off and planted those in the back left corner to hide the filter intake. Took the other half of that one and put that in the middle behind the wood. Put some watersprite in the back right corner, and filled out the foreground with dwarf sag. I will be adding some christmas moss to the driftwood later this week.

Current live stock: 1 betta, 5 harlequin rasboras, 6 endlers, 1 oto, and one nerite. Everyone gets along great.

G26okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:41 AM   #1180 
appleandpebble

Quote:
Originally Posted by G26okie View Post
Hey guys and girls, it has been a while, but I did some planting and live stock adding, figured I would throw up a pic.

I had a recent java fern leave die off, figured I would do some thickening up/planting.

Added 4 lace java ferns in the back and sides, real nice ones with large rhizomes. Took a regular anubias (non nana) split its big leaves off and planted those in the back left corner to hide the filter intake. Took the other half of that one and put that in the middle behind the wood. Put some watersprite in the back right corner, and filled out the foreground with dwarf sag. I will be adding some christmas moss to the driftwood later this week.

Current live stock: 1 betta, 5 harlequin rasboras, 6 endlers, 1 oto, and one nerite. Everyone gets along great.

what kind of driftwood did you use ? I like it.
appleandpebble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou