Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #161 
jsr2010

This is my 2.5 gal. planted tank. It's pretty standard as most tanks go.

My plants include...micro sword, marimo, banana plant, java moss, red ludwigia, chinese ivy, and elodea.

jsr2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #162 
kulain

my 2g zoo med betta house, 5.5g, and 5g :) As you can see the water sprite grows crazily in every tank, even in a spare 1g I just tossed them into with no light. And they all grew out of this 1 plant I got at LFS.
Attached Images

kulain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #163 
AyalaCookiejar

Wow, I got one little piece of water sprite in my tank. Its growing but not like that! I actually took a leaf that started melting a bit and fell off, threw it in a jar with some ramshorns in it, and gave it to my friend. It's growing in that jar with hardly any light and room temp water! No ferts or anything, lol. It is growing better for me than any of my other plants :p I hope it takes off like that!
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 PM   #164 
kyle89

Kulain, is that narrow leaf lucwigia?
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #165 
kulain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle89 View Post
Kulain, is that narrow leaf lucwigia?
Hmmm I think it's Ludwigia perennis, I got it at the LFS and they didn't really have it marke as anything other than "ludwigia", but its leaves are definitely a long narrow shape compared to the ludwigia sp red which is round that I have in the 5g.

AyalaCookiejar - good luck with your water sprite! I have definitely had ones that turned yellow or brown and others that just grow crazily so it's kind of unpredictable haha.
kulain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #166 
kyle89

Ludwigia Peruensis has long leafs. They actually look like broad leafs. I love the color yours has!!
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #167 
aemaki09

I guess it's time to update my tanks!

my 26 hasn't changed any yet...still trying to find the time to change substrate and once that happens a lot will be changed around...but till then, I've been working on my 2.5 minibows!

This is the tank I did up with the plants I got from Ao, which is also my Snow White Dragon HM's home.

I cant remember what all the plants are called, but I think they look great!!
What I can remember is: water sprite, cabomba, guppy grass, dwarf sagg, moneywort, giant duckweed, and then the 4 mystery plants

Sorry for it being so blurry, algea problem. I Started adding liquid carbon to all these small tanks today to try and help with it.

Plants: Dwarf Saggitaria, Moneywort, some moss looking stem plant from Ao, Cabomba, guppy grass, water sprite, giant duckweed, and some rotala indica...probably a species or two I missed.
Home to my Platinum white, red and blue HM

My blue Grizzled HM's home.

Plants: Dwarf sagg, a few plantlets of java fern I'm trying to attach to the lava rock, cabomba, that weird looking mossy stem, guppy grass, more rotala, water sprite, giant duckweed.

What do you guys think?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #168 
AyalaCookiejar

I think all of your tanks look better than mine ATM. Mine is very bare, and since it's a sorority, I had to fill in with silk plants so mine would look a LOT better if I had more plants.

Right now, I have jungle val, corkscrew val, java moss, java fern windelove, anubias barteri and water sprite. I want to get duckweed and probably some more anubias, but I don't know what other LOW light beginner plants I could add that wouldn't be too tall for a ten gallon and would be able to adjust to my higher pH.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #169 
aemaki09

I would look into more stems.
Like hornwort or cabomba, possibly some moneywort, bacopa, or rotala?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #170 
AyalaCookiejar

I actually ordered hornwort but it turned to mush in the mail. When it gets a little warmer he's sending me a replacement but I want to order more plants with it.

Tags
bettathanyou