Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #241 
FishyFishy89

I have 2 in my 5.5 gallon(amanos) and they rid me of hair algae in less than a week. They keep the tank tidy by nomming on dead plant matter too :)

When I had hair algae on my hornwort in the 75, they had a ball swimming around everywhere and nomming on the algae.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #242 
bniebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalee01 View Post
My three planted bowls. I'm planning on adding more plants (am quite new at this whole planted tank thing though) I love all of your tanks- they are making me consider a larger scale tank in the future... :)
Those look sooo cool! I want one now haha
bniebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #243 
FishyFishy89

Anyone know if floaters like Duckweed, Salivna and Asian Water Grass shed their roots?
I have these "hairs" floating all over my tank. They literally look like dog hair! And I know for a fact the Super Pug hasn't taken a swim in my tank xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #244 
aemaki09

Those bowls look awesome! What kind of lights are those?
Posted via Mobile Device
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #245 
Emmalee01

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Those bowls look awesome! What kind of lights are those?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks!

They were tricky to plant. The lights are a clip on LED lamp by a LEO aquariums (not very common) They're similar to ones made by DYMAX.

Usually you screw them onto the side of a tank, but since the bowls a tricky shape I screwed the lamp onto a thick piece of blak plastic and it sits behind the tank.
Emmalee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #246 
carbonxxkidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Anyone know if floaters like Duckweed, Salivna and Asian Water Grass shed their roots?
I have these "hairs" floating all over my tank. They literally look like dog hair! And I know for a fact the Super Pug hasn't taken a swim in my tank xD

I don't know how much pugs shed, but I find animal hairs floating in my tank all the time. I have two shedding dogs and two shedding cats so I guess I'm not surprised, haha. If you are like me and stick your hands in the tank frequently, it's bound to happen :)

As for floaters, I notice my frogbit plants seem to shed roots occasionally and I'll find one floating around...never noticed it with duckweed though.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #247 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalee01 View Post
Thanks!

They were tricky to plant. The lights are a clip on LED lamp by a LEO aquariums (not very common) They're similar to ones made by DYMAX.

Usually you screw them onto the side of a tank, but since the bowls a tricky shape I screwed the lamp onto a thick piece of blak plastic and it sits behind the tank.
I've been trying to find a small light for my planted bowls that doesn't look too huge...it's hard!! I'm going to try to do a search for those. They are really nice!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #248 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Yes they can definitely (and do defintely) shed their roots. Usually when disturbed but occasionally when they are in too much current and some other freak circumstances.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #249 
Stone

Hi there betta lovers this is my 46 gallon npt right at the moment there is not a betta in it but if my new rescue "Mr. Lucky Mellow" gets all better this will most likely be his new home, I am posting a vid of this tank because it would just take tooooooo many pics to show it off without delay here it is......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCd71Xv8Kv0 . It has lots of plants of various kinds and lots of diffrent kinds of fish it has been up and running now for about 2-3 months now and all the hard work is paying off in the fact that water changes are very rare and done mostly out of habit lol and here are some pics of Lucky Mellow
Attached Images

Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #250 
bannlow2471

That's a gorgeous tank and a really beautiful fish! I hope he gets better!
bannlow2471 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou