Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #301 
AquaKai

Gallium- that tanks looks really good even if it is for getting food for your goldfish am turtle!

Here are my tanks, they all don't have bettas though:
5.5g (betta in here)

3G (betta in here)- working on this (yes there is one lonely plant in here)

10g (betta in here)

2.5g (dwarf puffer)-really need to fix this!

55g (South American Biotope)
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 AM   #302 
aemaki09

Here's an updated pic of my 28 from a couple weeks ago, will post one from today when lights go on later, it's crazy how much plants grow in there after changing the lighting and adding co2!

Posted via Mobile Device
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #303 
Tabby216

I'm so jelly of everybody's tank >.<

My 5 gallon set up for her highness Diva
Attached Images

Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #304 
LouiMon

This is from two days ago. I just bought a Willow Hygro plant, though and I'm trying to decide where to put it.

I'd like to put it behind the pot, but I'm worried that it'll block the filter intake?
LouiMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:58 AM   #305 
Kiara1125

Gallium, I LOVE your tanks!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #306 
Gallium

Thank you!

A friend said I should be posting the whole tank and not just the water part. I didn't know if this thread extends to the filter too but I'll just post the whole tank anyways.

I place plant clippings in the filter to root. Some of the plants have been in there for a year or longer haha.

To give an idea of how fast the plants grow, the narrow sword in the left corner has grown 2 new leaves since I took the other photo. The plants in this tank grow crazy fast, except for the java moss, which I can't ever seem to grow. I'l going to toss it in a few days I think, since it became infested with green algae in the jar I removed it from and I doubt it's going to bounce back from that.

Last edited by Gallium; 05-31-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #307 
RussellTheShihTzu

I LOVE these Show and Tell threads! Get lots of ideas but...unfortunately, need a napkin for all the drooling.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #308 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallium View Post
Thank you!

A friend said I should be posting the whole tank and not just the water part. I didn't know if this thread extends to the filter too but I'll just post the whole tank anyways.

I place plant clippings in the filter to root. Some of the plants have been in there for a year or longer haha.

To give an idea of how fast the plants grow, the narrow sword in the left corner has grown 2 new leaves since I took the other photo. The plants in this tank grow crazy fast, except for the java moss, which I can't ever seem to grow. I'l going to toss it in a few days I think, since it became infested with green algae in the jar I removed it from and I doubt it's going to bounce back from that.
How well does that work for having plants take root? i have an intake filter, so it doesn't have a lid. It's giving me ideas. :D
Old 05-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #309 
Gallium

It works pretty well. The benefit is the plants I have are ammonium lovers so they polish up the water pretty well. The ones that have been in there for a long time have rooted into my media so it's pretty impossible to remove them now lol. Usually the plants that like conditions on the moist side are the ones that root the best, but I've rooted everything from mint to roses in my HOB's. I take the lids off all my HOB's because I stick pothos in them right away for the filter benefits. The roots of the plant can host beneficial bactera as well as cycle bactera so there's really no downside unless you have not enough stock and you end up with 0 nitrates. I've never had that happen (yet) though.
Gallium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #310 
Kiara1125

My 10g community had 0 nitrates. There were TONS of plants in there. Rotala rotundifolia, dwarf green hygro, wisteria, java fern, rose sword, java moss, amazon frogbit, and duckweed.

So, are the plants that you have in the filter terrestrial?

Tags
bettathanyou