Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #411 
smiller1776

Thumbs up My 5Gal

Just put this one together last night

http://www.fishtanks.net/fishtank.php?fishtank=10034

but do you get to pic to post and not the link? any help feedback would be great please

Last edited by smiller1776; 07-21-2013 at 06:10 PM.
smiller1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #412 
smiller1776

here in my 5gal. I just put together yesterday and last night, sory I only know how to put the link up.

smiller1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #413 
Graceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller1776 View Post
Just put this one together last night

but do you get to pic to post and not the link? any help feedback would be great please
Look above the box where you type your post. You will see a gray area, with a bunch of icons. Click on the one on the middle/right that's a picture of some mountains - a window will pop up. Enter your link and voila!
Graceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #414 
Viva

All these tanks are great! Live plants really make a tank look so much better imo.

My ten gallon tank now. Most of the crypts died on the left side of it so I put in some purple cabomba and rotala wallichi to see if it would survive. So far the cabomba is growing fast and the rotala is doing okay in the back near the driftwood but as you can see it's getting pretty sad looking in the front right. I'm going to move it right after this post, lol:

The sorority tank. I bought a red tiger lotus and put it in the center of the tank. It's growing like a friggin weed. The tanks only been set up for 3 weeks and I just added about half the plants in it last week. The tiger lotus is gorgeous and the picture doesn't show off it's true beauty here but it's grown 5 huge leaves in less than 3 weeks. It's doing amazing! Also, one leaf has made it to the surface and turned into a green lily pad for the girls to frolic on! It's adorable :D It does shade a lot of the plants below it though. So far it hasn't been a problem and I figure I can just cut the leaves off and a new one will grown within 2 seconds anyways lol. The grass is micro sword (added last week) with some dwarf sagittaria in there. On the left is a Red Rubin sword (added last week, and some of it's leaves are browning. Not sure if I should just remove them or see if they'll recover ??), there'e 2 dinky stems of ludwigia, one cryptocoryne parva that had melted in the last tank so it's just one tiny leaf that you probably can't even see, some anubias frazeri and anubias barteri tied to the driftwoods, octopus plants in the back which is a long grassy plant, Brazilian pennywort (added last week), Cryptocoryne spiralis (which I'm starting to think it's not because it doesn't really look like it, it's the longer green grass seen on the front left), purple cabomba (which is doing pretty good, it's growing taller already), and rotala wallichi which I got for kicks to see if I can keep it alive. So far it's doing okay with my dual t5 lighting, CO2 "Natural Plant System" but I'm using my own yeast/sugar/water mix to produce the CO2 instead of buying the packets, and Seachem Flourish.

Last edited by Viva; 07-21-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #415 
Graceful

Viva, your tanks are gorgeous! How many fish are in your second tank? Looks like a sorority to me, but I can see tons of fish!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #416 
Viva

Thank you Graceful. There's 16 female bettas total but 5 are floating in cups. Two because they are too small and 3 because they were being a little too aggressive, so I'm going to see if letting them float for a few days will help. There's also 4 corydoras in there at the bottom somewhere.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #417 
Kiara1125

Viva, they're gorgeous!

Smiller, just put [img]put the image URL here[/*img] only, leave the * out. No spaces anywhere. Alright? Here's your tank.

Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #418 
Graceful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Thank you Graceful. There's 16 female bettas total but 5 are floating in cups. Two because they are too small and 3 because they were being a little too aggressive, so I'm going to see if letting them float for a few days will help. There's also 4 corydoras in there at the bottom somewhere.
Holy moly! That's HUGE! I've only ever heard of 4-6 girls in a sorority. I guess I learn something every day. :)
Old 07-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #419 
ShadyLex

Very proud of my set up ^^
ShadyLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #420 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceful View Post
Holy moly! That's HUGE! I've only ever heard of 4-6 girls in a sorority. I guess I learn something every day. :)
Check out Deanna01! She has girls in the high 20s or low 30s. I forget. Still, they're all from AB too, so they look epic!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou