Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-23-2013, 03:54 PM   #531 
asu1776

Nice tank BettaCane! I'm thinking the moss and java fern on the driftwood will be spectacular.

RowdyBetta, it's a 10 tank. Thanks for the appreciation!
asu1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #532 
JamieL

Divided 20 long
Attached Images

JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #533 
Saber

This is my first attempt at a NPT and so far I am very happy with it, but I am expecting some setbacks...Mainly because that's what always happens to me when I try something new, lol! My tank is 45 gallons with Floramax substrate, a bunch of plant clippings I got from peachii on this website + one Anubias from Petsmart. My light fixture is a 30'' long with one 6500k bulb and one colormax bulb. It's a bit short for the tank but I couldn't afford anything more at the moment. The filter is an Emperor 400 and is quite powerful, so i may have to create a baffle at some point.

I arranged everything yesterday morning, so the water is still cloudy, and I still need to buy a heater and some tank ornaments before I add fish. I'd also like to get some sand to cap the substrate, so it'll be a while before everything is finished. I love mollies, so I'm hoping to make this tank a molly community. :)

Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #534 
BettaCane

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu1776 View Post
Nice tank BettaCane! I'm thinking the moss and java fern on the driftwood will be spectacular.
I hope so! I had to rubberband that java moss to keep it on. I ended up sticking some in some holes in the driftwood. They gave me an insane amount. I don't know what to do with all of it!!

Also my java fern looks like its going to have daughter plants (I think thats the right term). It has all the little black dots on some of the leaves.
I'm planning on adding one on the other side if it ends up making more plants :]
BettaCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #535 
asu1776

Those daughter plants can be a bit unappealing at times. With CO2 injection and fertilization, my java fern is multiplying worse than rabbits. I've resorted to throwing the daughter plants away if they are too small, or collecting them for ... nothing? haha!
asu1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #536 
SerenaRena
Banned

wow those tanks look amazing! What live plants did you use?
SerenaRena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #537 
DerangedUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Here's my planted tank. 75 gallon. Planted is narrow leaf hygro, cobomba, corckscrew val, ludwiga, ruffled sword, wistera and java moss. Floating is water sprite, salivna, asian water grass and duckweed. Still need to get some Java Fern, Anubias........and I'm sure I'll find more xD

Do I see a dinglehopper in your tank!?! (Some Little Mermaid humor for you.)
DerangedUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #538 
FishyFishy89

LOL
The fish have to get their veggies some how xD

Those pics are a bit older. I've taken out the fake plants and, yet again, rearranged some of the plants. I'll have to take/post updated pics later on.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #539 
DerangedUnicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
LOL
The fish have to get their veggies some how xD

Those pics are a bit older. I've taken out the fake plants and, yet again, rearranged some of the plants. I'll have to take/post updated pics later on.
Yeah. I was going back through the thread, so I am sorry if I was replying to a really old post. Can't wait to see your new setup.
DerangedUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #540 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerangedUnicorn View Post
Yeah. I was going back through the thread, so I am sorry if I was replying to a really old post. Can't wait to see your new setup.
No problem!
I loved the pun, was really cute :)
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou