Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 PM   #1 
Sparrowhawk

Feyd and Weehawk

These two boys were a surprise Christmas gift from my partner's family. They'd followed instructions from the pet store, and as a result we had to go on a mad rush shopping expedition to get equipment for them (I only had one spare tank and heater) and poor little Weehawk was doing terribly for a while, but with the advice of a few people on here I'm nursing him back to health, yay!

This is Feyd. He absolutely refused to sit still for a photo, so forgive the blur!

And this is Weehawk. When we got him, the darker part of his fins were grey. Once I'd got my spare tank ready for him and acclimated him slowly, it only took until morning for him to colour right up, to a colour we weren't expecting! He's also perked up a lot in the last day and a half, which is great. He also has some strange patterning. Those hole-looking things on his fins? They're clear. I'm not sure if it's healed damage, or just a strange colouration. Either way, he's adorable.

Neither of these two are as keen to pose for pictures as Falkor is, so getting these kind-of-okay pictures was difficult for an amateur photographer, haha!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #2 
Bounce

I noticed Weehawk in your post in the http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=22202 thread and was going to ask you to post another picture of him because I could tell he was a looker! So glad to see him in a closer shot. He is beautiful!

Feyd is pretty too. I love the red guys. <3
Bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #3 
Sparrowhawk

Thank you!
Old 12-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #4 
Sparrowhawk

Some more pictures of the new boys:

Old 12-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #5 
Sparrowhawk

I managed to get a couple of better pictures of Weehawk today after his 100% water change. ^.^

The potted anubias was outgrowing its container, so we separated it and put half on his log. Also, Weehawk thinks he's a little warrior (more so than the other two boys) so I put my favourite Klingon next to his tank. ^.^

Old 01-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #6 
Sparrowhawk

Got some better photos of the new kids to show off, hehe. Loads of stuffing around with lighting and my camera, and photos are slooooowly starting to get better, hehe.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #7 
madmonahan

Oh wow!! They are totally gorgeous!!!
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #8 
tilli94

Love how the tanks are so simple but still seem perfect. They don't take attention away from the beautiful boys.
tilli94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #9 
Sparrowhawk

Thankie!

(side-note: looking at the photos more closely, I totally just realised that I forgot to wipe down the outside of the tanks before taking pictures. *facepalm!*)
Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #10 
Sparrowhawk

Tried taking photos of all the boys today, none of them were cooperative. I didn't manage to get any worth showing of Weehawk, and only one of Feyd, sadface!

Please excuse the state the glass is in, I forgot to do the thorough wipe-down of the outside during his last 100%WC so it doesn't look so great. >.<