Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #1 
popcorndeer

Red face alligators are coming!!

well most of use know my VT male named popcorn so my mom gave me a tank so i wnt to a pet store and picked out a betta for the tank and i dont know what fish where in that tank but the betta i picked was acttcked bad and i mean bad! so i got him his name is gator let me list a few things that happend:

1. the people at the pet store almost killed gator when they where puting him in the net

2. you know thos things at the front of the betta that look like arms? well one of them is half gone!

3. it looks like some one poked a nedle thow his tail

4. the pet store only sells VTs and well gator looks like a halfmoon!

gator is black and gray with a white dot on his head and right now he is trying to get out the side of the tank by baging on it. popcorn is doing good he all better but his fins well never grow back sadley

will gator be ok are there any thing to do to help him calem down? i will see if i can get some pics of gator tomorw thanks please help
popcorndeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #2 
popcorndeer

can i have some help?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #3 
brookeandbubba

tey almost killed him geting into the net?? woa thats bad, where did u get his what store,,, i think its better to keep bettas in a lonely cup than to almost killl him in a net !! thats bad , hope he calms down a bit
brookeandbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #4 
popcorndeer

well they put the fish in bags and to get them in the begs i guess you need nets
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #5 
popcorndeer

gator thinks hes a gator lol
Old 02-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #6 
LittleBlueFishlets

(1) How did you acclimate Gator to his new tank? In other words, what procedure did you use to put him into the new tank?

(2) By "arms," do you mean his ventral fins? See the photo below.

When I got one of my Bettas, his ventral fin was missing, too. It grew back, but it took awhile.

Keep Gator in WARM, CLEAN water.

What size tank is he in? Does the tank have a filter? And what's the water temperature?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #7 
Saphira101

+1
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #8 
popcorndeer

yes one of his ventral fins are half gone

to put him in the tank my dad opened the beg he was in and put gator in the net and put the net in the tank and gator swims out

the tank i think is smaller then 0.5 popcorns tank is 0.5 i put a betta bed on one of the sides of the tank gator has room thoe and there is also a little pice of live plant from the tank he was in in the store
Old 02-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #9 
VJM

To acclimate a fish, you have to float them in a cup or bag in the tank, and add about a tablespoon of the tank water every 7-10 minutes. After no less than an hour, you can release them into the tank. This gives them time to adjust to the water in the new tank.

If you just dump them in, it is very stressful. The fish can actually go into shock and die. The stress also lowers their immune system and they are more likely to get sick.

You didn't say, but the tank also needs water conditioner, like Prime. If you don't use it, again, you can send the fish into shock and kill it, or impact the immune system.
VJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #10 
Laki

Next thing you save up for should be heaters. You are now responsible for two bettas and being tropical fish the best way to make Gator better is to give him warm clean water.
Since both are in .5 of a gallon (WAY too small for long term keeping) you need to clean out both tanks twice a week. Always keep the temperature the same when putting them in the cleaned tank and always add condionter.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote