Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #1 
TaylerHill

New decorations for all 3 of my fish

I found the broken pot decoration at petco and bought it for Curly, but his tank was the only one big enough to put one in so for Larry and Moe I bought them some terra cotta pots. Curly really likes his pot, I've seen him in it alot. You may have seen his already in a previous post I had. I haven't seen Larry in his pot but I've seen Moe in his a couple of times. Of course I didn't get any pictures with them in the pots lol. It will be nice to get them bigger tanks this summer so they will have more room for decorations.
Attached Images

TaylerHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #2 
waterdog

Can we say "Spoiled fish?" LOL They look great and happy!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #3 
callistra

Cute :)

But I'd be careful about the painted pot. Some of them are not aquarium safe because of the chemicals in the paint. If it's actually a fish ornament, it should be ok.

The terracotta pot has a hole in the bottom that either needs to be plugged or made big enough for a betta as many a fish have become seriously injured or killed trying to shove themselves into the holes much too small.

Your first fish is extremely clamped, gray beard, and may also have an eye infection.. hard to tell from the pic..

I suggest posting in the disease forum and fill out the sticky there.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #4 
MoonShadow

Love the first pot, very pretty. I agree about being careful with the terracotta pots, I had a female get stuck in the hole and rip the majority of her scales off trying to get out, I haven't used them since.

Also agree that your first boy isn't looking so hot.
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #5 
TaylerHill

That picture of Curly was taken when he was moving and in poor lighting so it's not really a good representation of him. His fins are deformed and were that way when I got him. His top fin is curled which is where he got his name. His other fins are droopy and have never flowed the way they should although he swims fine. He is active and eats like a pig. In person his eyes are a normal gold color. Here is a better picture of him from a few days ago. I don't think he has any problems but I will look into the grey beard just to be sure. He has a heater and I do regular water changes.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #6 
Fishy Mom

How big is the broken pot? I've been looking for something similar for one of my tanks & that pot would match perfectly with the decor. I didn't see anything like that at my local petco when I was there today. Your fish are very lucky & I love their names too!
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #7 
TaylerHill

My local petco had this pot kind of with their reptile decorations but it said it was aquarium safe. It fits in his 1.5 gallon tank so it's not terribly big. It's probably about 4" tall amd maybe 4" wide I would guess.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #8 
Fishy Mom

I didn't look in the reptile section. Thanks for letting me know about it. I will definitely check it out next time I'm there. Was there anything else in that section that was aquarium safe. I never thought to look there for different ornaments, but I'll start now.

Your tanks look awesome!
Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #9 
TaylerHill

That was the only thing I saw, the rest all had sharp edges. I saw some floating logs there that would probably work but I don't have room for any right now