Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #1 
arkhamresident

What to stock w/betta in 36G

I'm thinking about getting a 36G which I'll be transferring my betta and african dwarf frog to. I want to get a small group of otos (4-6) but I'm at a loss as to what else I should/can put in there. I'd like to get some schooling fish but I'm at a loss as to what would be okay with the betta.

He get's on with the frog well enough (they occasionally bump into each other but then head the opposite direction or the frog plays dead, pretty cute) but I'm not sure if that's a sign that he'd do well with any other fish. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Any filter or heater advice would also be handy.
arkhamresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #2 
registereduser

I have a 29 gallon with a filter for a 50 gallon. More power The heater is old and really nice. A friend gave me the set up.

Besides my betta I have 8 neons, 5 of another type of tetra (forgot what kind), a bristlenose pleco, 3 juli cats and a nerite snail. They all get along fine!

Last edited by registereduser; 02-16-2013 at 11:30 PM.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #3 
Crowntails

I'd do:
-6 otos
-Single betta
-Single Frog
-15 Pencilfish (they do really well with higher temps like a betta)

As for filters, I like Aquaclears. Aqueon has nice heaters.
Crowntails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #4 
DizzyD

I'm getting ready to get a 35 gallon Hex aquarium and am tryin gto determine what to put in wtih my betta. Right now I have a 5 gallon with 2 albino corys, my Betta and a zebra nerite snail. They seem to be getting along fine, although the corys are a little wild. I'm going to see how they corys do in the larger tank before I buy more, but I'm thinking about getting a few more if they calm down a little. I'd like to get a few frogs but I'm concerned that the Hex might be to tall for them since they don't swim very well and need to get to the surface occasionally.

Tetras seem to be a popular tank mate because if your betta does decide to chase them a bit, they are fast enough to get away. I'm interested in Galaxy Rasboras, so after some research, if I find them to be similar to the neon tetras, I will prbably try those out, otherwise I will go with the Neons.

I was trying to come up with the perfect combination of Top swimmers, Mid swimmers and bottom dwellers, but I'm still working on it. I just know that I want some albino corys and something like the neon tetras when I do finally get my 35 gallon hex...

I'd be interested in your results if you don't mind keeping us informed.
DizzyD is offline   Reply With Quote