Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #1 
angus

Question triple sulfa instructions

We decided to use triple sulfa after Phoenix developed another tiny red spot on his fin.

Anyway my main question is about the triple sulfa instructions. We did his first dosage yesterday. The instructions are for a 10 gallon tank. We have Phoenix in a 2.5 gallon tank. My husband measured out the right dosage and everything for that tank. For today the instructions say to just add another dosage. No water change. Is that accurate? We don't have a filter or aeration pump.

Instructions for a 2.5 gallon tank would be appreciated. We're supposed to add the new dosage of triple sulfa soon.
angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #2 
callistra

How did you measure it? You should dissolve a full packet in 10 parts of something (10 tablespoons for example) then take 2.5 parts (2.5 tablespoons) of the mixture into the tank.

Yes, you dose daily. You could do a 50% change before redosing. I would suggest so. Do a 100% change by at least day 3. I know instructions say only a 4 day treatment but I would do a full week.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #3 
angus

My husband has a scale from school that weighs grams and he weighed it out for a tank Phoenix's size.

Thank you for responding. I don't want to overdose the poor guy. I didn't want to use meds at all...just aquarium salt, but he got a new dot yesterday so we went ahead with the meds and quit the salt.

So a 50% change with each dose and a 100% change every 3rd day?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #4 
callistra

If you have an exact scale that can weigh grams and he did the math that way, it should be accurate.

That should be good.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #5 
angus

Great! Thank you.