Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #1 
aquaticlifelover

Upgrading 3 betta tanks

Hi! I was thinking about upgrading my bettas' tanks! They are currently in 1 gallon cubes, and they seem happy. They also have heaters and fake plants in there. I do 100% water changes every week, and they get fed 2 pellets every morning. Except for the one who prefers flakes!! I wanted to get them all 2.5 gallon tanks, just so they could swim around even more and be even more happy/healthy. The one does have fin rot that's not looking good, I almost think he might be nipping at his tail. I am currently using melafix, but I think I'm stopping after today because the medicine isn't meant for long term. I am also currently fish-less cycling my 10 gallon tank and getting ready for it to be stocked in the next couple weeks or so! So do you think i should wait until my 10 gallon is settled down to start upgrading?! And also, should i get maracyn 2 (i believe its called) for this fin rot? Thanks!
aquaticlifelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

I think it is a great idea to upgrade your bettas to 2.5 gallon tanks, they will love them!!!! Maracyn two is supposed to be a very effective fin rot med so it would be a good idea to get some, melafix can be harmful to bettas and from what I gather it does not always do much so yes maracyn two would be a good option Goodluck
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #3 
aquaticlifelover

thank you so much!! :)
aquaticlifelover is offline   Reply With Quote