Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #1 
PaulO

Question Where do you get your equipment?

I recently came to my senses and realized I am overpaying WAY too much for cheap particle board stands and store-bought tanks. Also my fish budget is at an all time so I want to ask where do you guys get your fish tank stuff and how do you stop paying hundreds on flimsy store items.

I am pretty much looking for places where I can get this stuff (be it craigslist or etc.) and what do you use to hold your tanks besides "official" fish tank stands. Any advice / tips will be appreciated by this fellow fish addict, Thanks!

-Paul
PaulO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:25 AM   #2 
aemaki09

I bought most of my tanks off of craigslist (some from petco during amazing sales) I just clean really well and then re-silicone everything so I dont have to worry about the tank falling apart later on.

For stands...I am using a night stand for my 10 gallon, it fits perfectly on it. Then for my 26 I have 2 old really sturdy end-tables pushed together. Its actually ended up being wide enough to house my 26 and then 2 2.5 minibows side-ways. (dont mind the towl, was cleaning my tank when I took the picture)

When I upgrade my lights, I plan to go to menards and just get one of theirs instead of paying an arm and a leg at petsmart...

for substrate I just use old stuff from old tanks, but plan to get play sand and soil from menards or somewhere as well for anymore tanks.

I think thats all I have done without using the petstore..
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote